• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08APR2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Baltimore

Hey lads, I’ve been lurking in here for a while now so I thought I’d actually introduce myself. SNA applicant, Went to University of Maryland, and have lived in Baltimore City for most of my life. Fingers crossed I make the cut and can meet all you guys for real down in Pensacola.

DucatiBiscotti

Forklift Certified
Are you active duty? Why keep head down,we are all here to help one another. We might have been able to answer some questions.
All of the questions I had have been answered on this and/or other threads. I didn’t feel the need to ask anything myself. After the ASTB, LORs, and medical waivers I was set

tward1512

Missouri. Sometimes feels like the only one in the Navy from the state haha
On board a carrier undergoing RCOH. But have been lucky enough to work down at Oceana after my TAD time ended. Hoping I get picked up to begin that next chapter.

This might not be the forum to ask this, but what has been the platforms they’ve been giving out more of for prospective graduates? I know it’s needs of the Navy, but I have heard jets is becoming less popular and more people are gravitating towards helos and P-8’s.

Ninja

SNA Select
Missouri. Sometimes feels like the only one in the Navy from the state haha
On board a carrier undergoing RCOH. But have been lucky enough to work down at Oceana after my TAD time ended. Hoping I get picked up to begin that next chapter.

This might not be the forum to ask this, but what has been the platforms they’ve been giving out more of for prospective graduates? I know it’s needs of the Navy, but I have heard jets is becoming less popular and more people are gravitating towards helos and P-8’s.
To the best of my knowledge this is near-impossible to correctly answer because every class drops something completely different. One class could drop 20% jets and the next might only have 3% get jets. Seems to be a complete flip of the coin since the needs vary widely. I’ve heard from friends in the air force that after pulling some G’s in the T-6 a good portion of their class decided they no longer wanted to track jets because of how demanding it is on the body. But I’m not sure if every class follows a similar trend.

tward1512

To the best of my knowledge this is near-impossible to correctly answer because every class drops something completely different. One class could drop 20% jets and the next might only have 3% get jets. Seems to be a complete flip of the coin since the needs vary widely. I’ve heard from friends in the air force that after pulling some G’s in the T-6 a good portion of their class decided they no longer wanted to track jets because of how demanding it is on the body. But I’m not sure if every class follows a similar trend.
That's what I figured. My first choice would be jets because I'd love to fly with the Blue Angels one day having been watching them since a little kid and knowing the immense responsibility they carry and the mission they execute. And, being from around St. Louis where Boeing builds the Rhinos, it would be super cool to fly the jet my state builds.

tward1512

True but odds are those from Missouri won't understand anyway except @tward1512 haha
I'm very proud of my statehood, but I can confirm the education system is a little jacked up. However, despite the limitations, we are very hard workers and are very stubborn when it comes to fighting for what we believe in. We've adopted the mindset of our state animal quite well 😄

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
I'm ready to start a new life
I might be a weirdo since I love how intense Gs feel