• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08APR2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Mil3s

SNA Select
bro you have no idea how bad that board was. I think like of the 300+ people who applied the percent of civilian applicants who got picked up was in the single digits.
no never mind, when he said “I was denied on this board” I thought he meant THIS board. I might need some glasses soon

cjwinton01

SNA Applicant
Hey guys, Im at a loss right now and hopefully can get some insight or direction from you all.

I submitted my package prior to 3/11. When everyone was checking to see if they were "at board" my name wasnt on the list. I then reached out to my recruiter and he said that all my paper work was submitted and I should be fine. In fact, he said he had submitted my package along with others and got kickback on the other peoples package due to missing requirements and that they would not be eligible this board... BUT no word on mine which meant everything was all good on my end. I havent gotten any info on if I was selected or not and my name isnt on the list to check if I was (as of today). As you could imagine, ive been blowing my recruiter up throughout the day for an answer, but no answer at all. I even called the recruiting office to check for an update and the lady there said my package is "still in review". I said idk how thats possible when other people have been getting notified. I asked if my recruiter was in today and she said he is on vacation for 2 weeks (lol are you kidding me). I then asked if there was another recruiter that could help me and she said the other recruiter that can help you is also on vacation (this is insane).

Looking for some advice here
my recruiter handed everything over to the new guy a few days before the board and I learned about my selection when an active-duty gentleman kindly reached out and informed me. The AD can check for you, so that's where I would start. Sorry about your recruiter tho man, sounds scummy.

afer1

my recruiter handed everything over to the new guy a few days before the board and I learned about my selection when an active-duty gentleman kindly reached out and informed me. The AD can check for you, so that's where I would start. Sorry about your recruiter tho man, sounds scummy.
might be a silly question but what is an AD?

Mil3s

SNA Select
might be a silly question but what is an AD?
It’s stands for active duty, they have access to the list that has everyone’s name and shows if they were accepted and their ocs date. Just ask around to see if someone can help on here that’s ad.

dominicdecoco

bro you have no idea how bad that board was. I think like of the 300+ people who applied the percent of civilian applicants who got picked up was in the single digits.
Yeah. It was brutal 😂. Got my package back together to submit for this next board! Hopefully I will get the yes this time

exNavyOffRec

I was
45 5/6/5
BS in General Studies with a focus in Biology, 3.7 GPA
Selected for Pilot. Your scores are pretty good so I think you’ll be fine.
I’m current active duty and aircrew, so I think that carried the bulk of my package. I had some of my past COs who I flew with that are now O6 do my interviews, and I have really good yearly evaluations, and quite a few awards. So I think that made up for my average scores
Did you take advantage of ISPP?

no, my ASTB score wasn't high enough to qualify for it. And I only have one ASTB try left and I didn't want to risk retaking it.
You are thinking of I-SEL.

ISPP is the AD good deal of having a prioritized flag endorsement (virtual automatic select if qualified). You only need the minimum PA106 scores

Nnamdi25

@exNavyOffRec I have been compiling data from the last 3 boards and so far it’s been an 85 percent selection rate. I have not seen any data pre covid since you have been in the game for a while was the selection rate this high pre covid?

tward1512

Same thing here still nobody has came and told me 😂
Nobody likes us and we don’t care 😂

Seriously though, I wasn’t expecting a parade, but at least a congrats from my department head would have been nice. Did get a few from my DIVO’s I’ve had because two were former OCS guys and had been invested in the process. But yeah. I guess our commands missed the memo. Gonna be real awkward when they realize they’re missing someone 😂😂😂