• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08APR2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

cjwinton01

SNA Applicant
Everyone that got picked up for SNA… what were your scores? I’m applying in June and scored a 7,7,6 on the ASTB.
if you have a 3.0 and you didn't bomb the OAR portion of the test (ie you got 50+) you should be fine. I was 3.0 gpa with a non-stem major, astb was 61 7/7/5 and I had non-medical waiver. If they chose me you should be fine. Good luck!

DucatiBiscotti

Forklift Certified
if you have a 3.0 and you didn't bomb the OAR portion of the test (ie you got 50+) you should be fine. I was 3.0 gpa with a non-stem major, astb was 61 7/7/5 and I had non-medical waiver. If they chose me you should be fine. Good luck!
Had you applied before or was this your first time?

tward1512

That’s a good point. I’ll talk to my recruiter about it and see if it’s the best route. Thanks for the perspective 👍👍
You can always switch over to be a pilot later. Honestly, you have your foot in the door, and if pilot is truly what you want then work towards that while being the best NFO you can be. The way things are right now, that door will always be open. Don’t chance it on the next board when you could be graduated from OCS and be on the journey to doing what you want. It’s your life and your career, but as others have said, it’s gonna look a little sketch if you say no and then reapply.

tward1512

If it makes you civ guys better not hearing from recruiter I am active duty and still didn’t hear it from my command had to check myself.
Not sure what’s happening with my command. It’s like they know I was picked up and kinda just don’t care 😂

CarterL

Awesome. I got a 53 on the OAR. 3.2 Gpa in operations and supply chain management. No waivers whatsoever. Recruiter has been telling me I would need 8’s and 9’s to be competitive so this is a relief.

DucatiBiscotti

Forklift Certified
You can always switch over to be a pilot later. Honestly, you have your foot in the door, and if pilot is truly what you want then work towards that while being the best NFO you can be. The way things are right now, that door will always be open. Don’t chance it on the next board when you could be graduated from OCS and be on the journey to doing what you want. It’s your life and your career, but as others have said, it’s gonna look a little sketch if you say no and then reapply.
Hey man I really appreciate that and the insight. I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity to be an NFO as it’s a badass job. I have a lot to decide but I’m verging on doing what you’ve said. My recruiter has been awesome and owned that he shouldn’t have recommended I put SNFO on my packet as that might have been why I didn’t get an SNA select. I appreciate the hell out of you guys for the advice, truly.

cjwinton01

SNA Applicant
Awesome. I got a 53 on the OAR. 3.2 Gpa in operations and supply chain management. No waivers whatsoever. Recruiter has been telling me I would need 8’s and 9’s to be competitive so this is a relief.
could be he’s relying on bad gouge back from 2022 when there was an absolute slaughter of a board(only 8s and 9s got through)

Ninja

SNA Select
It is also a little based on how well the board does in general. This board seems to be an absolute stomping ground for positive selection, but I got a 63, 8/8/8 and my recruiter said I had ‘okay chances’ maybe for other boards that would be true but I feel there’s also a little luck surrounding which board you apply to. Either way I think your scores are fine

jkschu9

Hey man I really appreciate that and the insight. I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity to be an NFO as it’s a badass job. I have a lot to decide but I’m verging on doing what you’ve said. My recruiter has been awesome and owned that he shouldn’t have recommended I put SNFO on my packet as that might have been why I didn’t get an SNA select. I appreciate the hell out of you guys for the advice, truly.
I had a similar thing happen to me last board. Had a miscommunication with my recruiter and applied for both got picked up for NFO and declined then reapplied for SNA only and got picked up this board. Only thing I did different was retake ASTB took my scores from 7/7/6 to 8/8/7.

tward1512

No problem. I must admit, I applied for only SNA because I didn’t want to apply for both and get SNFO. But, the NFO’s I have met and worked with absolutely love it. It’s up to you, but I’d take it for now and decide what you want to do later when you have flight hours and experience and have shown you’re an asset to the Navy.

DucatiBiscotti

Forklift Certified
I had a similar thing happen to me last board. Had a miscommunication with my recruiter and applied for both got picked up for NFO and declined then reapplied for SNA only and got picked up this board. Only thing I did different was retake ASTB took my scores from 7/7/6 to 8/8/7.
I’ve seen lower scores getting selected too it’s driving me insane 😂. Don’t get me wrong I’m stoked for everyone, I’m just wildly confused

tward1512

On a more serious note, for those of you who haven’t heard back yet, I genuinely hope you make it. I know the amount of time and effort you’ve put into your applications and this has been a great forum and you all seem like you will be fine pilots and NFO’s, but even better Officers. I’m glad you’re joining our Navy and hope I get to work with you all in the future. Remember, this is just the beginning and we all have a lot of hard work ahead of us. We’ve been tasked with the responsibility of potentially flying our countries aircraft, so do whatever you can to start preparing now because it’s game time.

And to the civilians joining, thank you for making the choice so few make. I sincerely hope you take a moment after you take your oath to truly realize what you’re saying and what you’re about to undertake.

DucatiBiscotti

Forklift Certified
On a more serious note, for those of you who haven’t heard back yet, I genuinely hope you make it. I know the amount of time and effort you’ve put into your applications and this has been a great forum and you all seem like you will be fine pilots and NFO’s, but even better Officers. I’m glad you’re joining our Navy and hope I get to work with you all in the future. Remember, this is just the beginning and we all have a lot of hard work ahead of us. We’ve been tasked with the responsibility of potentially flying our countries aircraft, so do whatever you can to start preparing now because it’s game time.

And to the civilians joining, thank you for making the choice so few make. I sincerely hope you take a moment after you take your oath to truly realize what you’re saying and what you’re about to undertake.
Beautifully said man. Good luck and congratulations to all of us!!!!

DHBynum

Everyone that got picked up for SNA… what were your scores? I’m applying in June and scored a 7,7,6 on the ASTB.
I was
45 5/6/5
BS in General Studies with a focus in Biology, 3.7 GPA
Selected for Pilot. Your scores are pretty good so I think you’ll be fine.
I’m current active duty and aircrew, so I think that carried the bulk of my package. I had some of my past COs who I flew with that are now O6 do my interviews, and I have really good yearly evaluations, and quite a few awards. So I think that made up for my average scores

Last edited: