• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08JUL2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Maldruin

So today, my boss reached out to me and let me know that she got mail from the Department of Defense containing an employment verification letter for her to sign regarding my employment at the company. Does anyone know if that's a good sign? Does that mean the security clearance process has begun? Anyone experiencing something similar at their current workplace?

bendaggs

So today, my boss reached out to me and let me know that she got mail from the Department of Defense containing an employment verification letter for her to sign regarding my employment at the company. Does anyone know if that's a good sign? Does that mean the security clearance process has begun? Anyone experiencing something similar at their current workplace?
When I talked to HR from my last job they mentioned that they received “military paperwork”, but didn’t say what it was for. I’m assuming it was something similar to your situation.

Ghayd44

My previous employer got one about a month ago. It’s just part of the clearance process.

Same thing happened to me last year but I think it was just for security clearance because I didn’t get selected.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Yes

vtruong24

I submitted my application on 01 July. I received an email from Paul 2 days ago that he is in receipt of my application on 01JUL24 and it is in process for board consideration (SNFO). Does it mean my package is being pushed to the next board on 19th July? I've just found out that there are 6 boards this FY.

exNavyOffRec

I submitted my application on 01 July. I received an email from Paul 2 days ago that he is in receipt of my application on 01JUL24 and it is in process for board consideration (SNFO). Does it mean my package is being pushed to the next board on 19th July? I've just found out that there are 6 boards this FY.
Once Paul receives it he does a review, then it has a few other reviews before being sent to the board.

The board isn't July 19, the due date for the next board is listed as July 19.

awindz9

Im waiting on a waiver for medical, whats other stuff thats not personal information that I can work on for my package?

bendaggs

How many LORs? and the personal statement is something like a page of why i want to be a pilot?
My recruiter recommended 2-3. Yes, if you go to the thread and go back far enough you can find mine. I edited mine some more after that original post, but you can get some ideas from it. I talked about becoming an officer and pilot.

Ghayd44

How many LORs? and the personal statement is something like a page of why i want to be a pilot?
My recruiter said quality is better than quantity for the LORs. They’d rather have someone that knows you and your character than someone who is of higher status that can’t write a solid letter for you. And for the personal statement he told me to focus on being an officer more than your actual designator. The whole officer first thing applies there from what I heard.