• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08JUL2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Maldruin

Agree, but running is way more stressful on the legs than cycling. IMO you should start accumulating running miles to get your body used to that wear and tear to reduce your chances of potentially getting hurt at OCS.
I can vouch for this, getting over consistent shin splints and knowing how to run is worth the initial pain of running vs cycling. Once your body is used to it, you’ll get more confident and see your running times slowly start to improve.

No one starts off at the top of their game, you’ve got to put in consistent effort and always take the next step forward (literally and figuratively lol)

bmm177

While I agree that the minimums are definitely achievable, some people are probably just wondering what they are so that they can set a better goal for themselves. Not everyone here is a jacked 6'2 prior enlisted Marine
This is exactly the kind of crap mentality I get from FEP sailors. Nobody is saying you need to be 6'2 and yoked or even in really good shape. Navy standards are so low that if you simply get regular exercise and don't over eat you will pass the PRT.

Lukehot

Aspiring NFO
I found the Nike Run Club app really helpful when I started running. I used it to train for a marathon and it mixed in short runs, long runs and speed runs. I suppose if you choose the 5k training plan it should be enough to get you up and running (teehee).

Last edited:

podsu

Does anyone have suggestions for running shoes? My current shoes are probably begging for me to put them to rest right now

Lukehot

Aspiring NFO
If you already know your size, I swear by the Nike Pegasus. I had the 39s which didnt differ much from the 40s but the 41s look really fancy. I recently purchased the Saucony Tempus and they feel like clouds. My friend really recommended the Brooks Ghosts and Beasts. Definitely running store, try out a few pairs and get them online for cheaper.

podsu

If you already know your size, I swear by the Nike Pegasus. I had the 39s which didnt differ much from the 40s but the 41s look really fancy. I recently purchased the Saucony Tempus and they feel like clouds. My friend really recommended the Brooks Ghosts and Beasts. Definitely running store, try out a few pairs and get them online for cheaper.
The name itself almost sells it for me.

Go get fitted at a marathon sports. Then go find the shoes they suggested online (cheaper)
Looks like I might have to hit up my local Marathon Sports and see what they have to offer then. Thanks for the tips!