• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08JUL2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Maldruin

One of my friends in the Navy just messaged me saying I was accepted as a SWO on the SWO board results that got posted today, but I never applied for SWO specifically, and my name is still on the At Board for SNA/NFO.

Shouldn’t affect anything, right? Just another option that is open?

johnpauljones1776

Un-salted butter bar (non prior)
One of my friends in the Navy just messaged me saying I was accepted as a SWO on the SWO board results that got posted today, but I never applied for SWO specifically, and my name is still on the At Board for SNA/NFO.

Just don’t except the swo offer and if you get denied from aviation make an amendment to your motivational statement stating why you didn’t accept I.e. you were not aware your recruiter submitted your package to a swo board.

exNavyOffRec

Make sure your OR didn't just put SWO down for you, some have done that

bendaggs

any tips on getting better at push ups? I’ve been using this program and keep failing at the same spot. Worried about passing that IST.

whereiswaldo

IDK where I am
any tips on getting better at push ups? I’ve been using this program and keep failing at the same spot. Worried about passing that IST.

My push-up game is currently weak and what’s helped me is just doing more lol.

At first, I tried doing a bunch of chest workouts (bench press, flys, etc) but I would find myself failing at the same spot.

Now I just have 2 days a week where I do 3 sets of as many pushups as possible until failure and my number has slowly gone up.

If you have any weight to lose, that may help too. I’ve been losing 0.5 lbs a week as my numbers have gone up.

stautz

Stautz
My push-up game is currently weak and what’s helped me is just doing more lol.

At first, I tried doing a bunch of chest workouts (bench press, flys, etc) but I would find myself failing at the same spot.

Now I just have 2 days a week where I do 3 sets of as many pushups as possible until failure and my number has slowly gone up.

If you have any weight to lose, that may help too. I’ve been losing 0.5 lbs a week as my numbers have gone up.
I feel like it's a mind game; when I'm not thinking about how many I can do/need to do, I can do more. Same w/ planks