• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08JUL2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

podsu

Honestly Navy standards are disgracefully low, if you're worried about passing the PRT you should do yourself and teammates a favor by not accepting a commission.
While I agree that the minimums are definitely achievable, some people are probably just wondering what they are so that they can set a better goal for themselves. Not everyone here is a jacked 6'2 prior enlisted Marine

Danger95

While I agree that the minimums are definitely achievable, some people are probably just wondering what they are so that they can set a better goal for themselves. Not everyone here is a jacked 6'2 prior enlisted Marine
On the bright side there are 2 types of marines “strong marines” or “smart marines.” I have never met one that was both.

bendaggs

I was told by my recruiter that I have to do a PRT before I ship, but there is no longer a scoring before you ship. They’ll ship you to OCS no matter your PRT score.

Empire16

I was told by my recruiter that I have to do a PRT before I ship, but there is no longer a scoring before you ship. They’ll ship you to OCS no matter your PRT score.
And then the ist is a good low minimum? Doesn’t sound right to me not going to lie.

Danger95

Alright let’s settle this good ole debate once and for all. Male standard for good low within the ages of 20-24 is as follows according to mynavyhr is 47 push-ups, 1.40 min plank and 12 min 1.5 mile. These are the bare minimum’s and they are not physically demanding.

Danger95

For the guys worried about cardio a great and easy way to improve cardio without running is biking. Consistent biking will improve cardio vascular endurance

whereiswaldo

IDK where I am
For the guys worried about cardio a great and easy way to improve cardio without running is biking. Consistent biking will improve cardio vascular endurance
Agree, but running is way more stressful on the legs than cycling. IMO you should start accumulating running miles to get your body used to that wear and tear to reduce your chances of potentially getting hurt at OCS.