• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Osprey or bust...

SuperStallionIP

Large Steel
pilot
phrogdriver said:
We actually do have an F-18 guy in VMMT-204, as well as 2 AV-8B guys and a EA-6B driver between us and VMX. If the mafias in the OAS communities, both f/w and r/w weren't so hell-bent on destroying the lives of those who break ranks to the V-22, I think we'd have a lot more from them. Some of the shooter types have horror stories about how they were treated for putting in packages, and these were not slacker-types who weren't going anywhere, either.

I'm not going to make absurd blanket "one-size-fits-all" statements like some others, but it is an exciting time to be on the V-22 train. I think that once 263 starts working more extensively with other communities as it prepares for deployment, the doubts will start to subside.

The last 4 or 5 boards have selected all phrog pilots. Some of this has to do with who is sitting on the boards (phrog mafia), and some of it has to do with MMOA having a say on the boards. If another T/M/S is short on people (most of them are) then they are not going to allow people from that T/M/S leave to go to the Osprey. I have first hand experience with this.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
SuperStallionIP said:
The last 4 or 5 boards have selected all phrog pilots. Some of this has to do with who is sitting on the boards (phrog mafia), and some of it has to do with MMOA having a say on the boards. If another T/M/S is short on people (most of them are) then they are not going to allow people from that T/M/S leave to go to the Osprey. I have first hand experience with this.

This last board all the primaries were 46 bubbas. The board before that had one F/W pilot, and there were a couple more in the boards before that. I don't think it's a mafia thing; it's just a function of what platform is being replaced.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I think that it's an East coast frog thing. My buddy has been missed 4 times, once he was an alternate. He says that all the East coast guys are getting them.