• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pentagon Gay Pride Event

Renegade One

None
Completely Speechless...
I'm trying hard to decide between jalapeño-stuffed or bleu cheese-stuffed olives in my Martini this evening. Any help?
This just seemed like a useless-fucking thread...didn't know where else to post my query.
In the words of another righteous poster: "I'm literally crying in my brain right now!"

jmcquate

Contributor
I'm trying hard to decide between jalapeño-stuffed or bleu cheese-stuffed olives in my Martini this evening. Any help?
This just seemed like a useless-fucking thread...didn't know where else to post my query.
In the words of another righteous poster: "I'm literally crying in my brain right now!"
Bleu cheese.....the tart and Gin can't be beat. As for the 5 sided fun house.......I'll quote George and Jerry, "not that there's anything wrong with that".

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
I don't think so at all - it establishes baselines of acceptable behavior and encourages others to stop the beginnings of assault. Lots of people literally don't know what is and isn't consent.
From what I have seen it is more of a CYA event. More than that is is a wakeup call to guys as to what the military really considers sexual assault. ie if a guy and a girl are both so drunk that they dont remember the night prior and happen to wake up in bed next to each other, obviously it was all the guys fault and he must have assaulted the girl. Typical of the military, we won't let facts get in the way to destroying someone's life/career.

Renegade One

None
Bleu cheese.....the tart and Gin can't be beat. As for the 5 sided fun house.......I'll quote George and Jerry, "not that there's anything wrong with that".
"Your last hit...Shack. Check switches safe...cleared off target and cleared to RTB. Nice run."

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
From what I have seen it is more of a CYA event. More than that is is a wakeup call to guys as to what the military really considers sexual assault. ie if a guy and a girl are both so drunk that they dont remember the night prior and happen to wake up in bed next to each other, obviously it was all the guys fault and he must have assaulted the girl. Typical of the military, we won't let facts get in the way to destroying someone's life/career.

Yeah, so take one example and make a point with it. Yes, these GMT presentations are usually delivered terribly and dumbed down for the lowest common denominator, but there IS a valid point.

If you have sex with an extremely drunk chick, that is rape, legally speaking. Not saying no is not consent. Watching your buddy repeatedly make moves on a less than receptive, but not exactly vocally opposed girl = NOT ok. These aren't cut and dry scenarios that a LOT of junior sailors may not see a problem with and may turn a blind eye to if we didn't point it out to them and open their eyes a bit.

More importantly, there is a lot of information passed on services available to those who have been abused or who may suspect someone who has been abused.

Stop overly-simplifying this sexual assault training. GMT is dumb enough, so it doesn't need exaggeration when it's not warranted. No one needs to know that if you have to play music to drown out the screaming and crying, then THAT is rape.

(a little rape humor to add some levity).

HueyCobra8151

pilot

This is not true or typical at all. An Article 32 is more stringent than a Grand Jury. Sexual assault IS (from my experience) a preponderance of the cases going to SPCM or GCM, but the case you described would be easily filtered out. Unless you had an unreasonable convening authority, the prosecutors wouldn't even move on a spurious case like that.

OTOH Article 120 is pretty difficult to prosecute after the last MCM rewrite, so even a clear cut case has a good chance of being found not guilty.

BackOrdered

Contributor
So, to summarize:

Drunk men are 100% responsible for their conduct.

Drunk women are not.

Got it.

You got a point, however pub crawls and college tomfoolery has shown me that women have notoriously poorer alcohol tolerance and if they get in over their head, you become the "fall guy." 5 drinks to a guy is worlds apart for a woman and to an extent, we guys have slightly more wherewithal drunk than they do, thus more blame.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
You got a point, however pub crawls and college tomfoolery has shown me that women have notoriously poorer alcohol tolerance and if they get in over their head, you become the "fall guy." 5 drinks to a guy is worlds apart for a woman and to an extent, we guys have slightly more wherewithal drunk than they do, thus more blame.

Not true or relevant. Men and women are exactly the same and are capable of exactly the same decisions and performance.

I've been told this many times with respect to women in combat, so it must be true.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Not true or relevant. Men and women are exactly the same and are capable of exactly the same decisions and performance.

I've been told this many times with respect to women in combat, so it must be true.

It is the dirty little secret of the PC world, we are not, in fact, made equally. You may want to sit down (no pun intended) when you read the article about urinals going away on the USS Ford. That ship is going to be SO gross.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It is the dirty little secret of the PC world, we are not, in fact, made equally. You may want to sit down (no pun intended) when you read the article about urinals going away on the USS Ford. That ship is going to be SO gross.
They'll still have sinks, I presume. That which we call urinal..by any other name... would smell as rank? :D