• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Peoples' Pedophile Party

winger

FNG
There are 291 convicted sex offenders in Kleberg County (Kingsville). With a population of ~25,000 people, that means that every time I go into the ****ty-ass Walmart....

get me out of here.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
beach said:
There are 291 convicted sex offenders in Kleberg County (Kingsville). With a population of ~25,000 people, that means that every time I go into the ****ty-ass Walmart....

get me out of here.

Are you sure there isn't a detention center/jail/prison in that county? The town (yeah, just a town, not even the entire county) next to me had 291 on the Fed's site, but I'd say like 95% of them were in jail -- there are two large prisons in that town... could be...

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Birdman1 said:
The death penalty is not a good detterent. A simple example of which is Texas. They kill more people then any other state, but the yearly execution numbers keep going up anyway.

The death sentence is a great deterrant if used properly. It just needs to be swift, sure, and certain.

Look at the old school Mafia model (all other moral and legal issues with them aside). If a guy ratted out somebody in the Mafia, he was going to die. It happened quickly and without any realistic chance of getting away from it. It served as a sterling reminder to those who remained.

We could argue all day about some aspects of the death penalty, but I think that nearly all of us would agree that, as currently implemented, it's not swiftly enforced. It's far from sure whether a person will get sentenced to it, either.

There is great and valid debate in the country over whether it's equally enforced. I did a study on that in college (sociology major) and the results were far from conclusive, but tended to be bad in that regard. If anything is going to stop the death penalty, it's the certainty of guilt under our system and the equity of the execution.

That said, I believe in it. Not surprisingly, I'm from Texas. The numbers keep going up for several reasons, mostly not involving immigration. Things like population growth and politics.

Plus, we're making up for lost time and trying to clear the backlog. Like the comedian said:

"Most states are trying to get rid of the death penalty. In Texas, we're putting in an express lane".

I say add the child molesters to the list of those eligible. Then again, I have three daughters, so I may be biased.

Chubby

Harrier Dude said:
I say add the child molesters to the list of those eligible. Then again, I have three daughters, so I may be biased.
I'd be the first in line to sign that petition ... but I have three little sisters, so I may be biased as well.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I support the petition, and will be amongst the first to sign it. I have no children of my own and have no little siblings, so I'm probably not biased.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I just got a call from my lawyer. The perv living next door to my daughter called her after receiving my letter telling him to stay away from my kid and of my intent to file a restraining order against him. He said not to waste the time or money - he's moving. He's packing up this weekend and will be gone by Monday morning. It seems a lot of people in the neighborhood asked him (not so politely) to leave after learning about him from my little door-to-door information dissemination campaign.

I love the sweet smell of victory!!!!! :D :D :D

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
HAL Pilot said:
I just got a call from my lawyer. The perv living next door to my daughter called her after receiving my letter telling him to stay away from my kid and of my intent to file a restraining order against him. He said not to waste the time or money - he's moving. He's packing up this weekend and will be gone by Monday morning. It seems a lot of people in the neighborhood asked him (not so politely) to leave after learning about him from my little door-to-door information dissemination campaign.

Congrats, HAL. Now let's hope somebody worse doesn't decide to move in next door.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
HAL Pilot said:

Details if you please? He a child molester?

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
HAL, to answer something I think was discussed previously, but I'm too tired to scroll up, Oklahoma has now passed legislation that would allow them to sentence (repeat) molesters to death. Although, it sounds like a court showdown is coming on.

Story here

CHICAGO (AFP) - The governor of Oklahoma signed a bill allowing execution of repeat child molesters, a move that some critics have said is unconstitutional.

The US Supreme Court ruled in 1977 that the death penalty can only be applied in murder cases, but the author of the Oklahoma bill said it is time to challenge that ruling.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
HAL Pilot said:
Thanks for the heads-up.

I already talked to the local cops and my lawyer. They are all for "advertising" this jerks presence in the neighborhood. I just can't post the fliers - I have to hand them out or stick them in screen doors. Plus I can only put the information publicly available from the state registry and local police, no "editorializing".

I know it is this guy as I have talked to him numerous times and he matches the picture on the registry website. My lawyer sent him a letter today warning him to stay away from my child and that we are asking for a hearing for a restraining order. She also informed him that I will be advising people he is in the neighborhood. We are hoping he'll just get up and move.

HAL,
How are things with this sicko? I think I would try the same tactic if there was a pedophile that close to my family.