• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

President Obama's Military

phrogpilot73

There was a retired LtCol that did staff work down in Lejeune. He got recalled from being a HS Principal. Long hair, shitty cammies. We asked him about it, and his response was "I played this game for 25 years, and retired. I ain't playing the game any more. They owe me that much."

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
... that would just unmotivate the hell out of me to follow someone like that. I'm sure he meant it in good humor but the end of that would make me wonder. I would much more be respectful of a guy who says something like "Hey gentlemen, I realize i'm fat looking, but I just got back into the uniform. Looking forward to working it back down" or something to that effect. Instead of "I know I'm fat, fuck you"

Or maybe I just read that the wrong way. Didnt mean anything by it either way. Just an observation. Or maybe I'm still too young and not fat and all that....

*sigh* Always gotta be some yut-yut who ruins the joke for everyone else. :D

Yes, his next line was, "Seriously, though, I'm back on the horse. Nothing like getting recalled for a fitness program."

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Maybe I'm out of my lane here, but that would just unmotivate the hell out of me to follow someone like that. I'm sure he meant it in good humor but the end of that would make me wonder. I would much more be respectful of a guy who says something like "Hey gentlemen, I realize i'm fat looking, but I just got back into the uniform. Looking forward to working it back down" or something to that effect. Instead of "I know I'm fat, fuck you"

Or maybe I just read that the wrong way. Didnt mean anything by it either way. Just an observation. Or maybe I'm still too young and not fat and all that....

No...just thoroughly brainwashed gay...we understand...:sleep_125

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
There was a retired LtCol that did staff work down in Lejeune. He got recalled from being a HS Principal. Long hair, shitty cammies. We asked him about it, and his response was "I played this game for 25 years, and retired. I ain't playing the game any more. They owe me that much."
Exactly. If they want me back on AD, they better have the fat waivers approved because it's their issue, not mine.

Raptor2216

Maybe I'm out of my lane here, but that would just unmotivate the hell out of me to follow someone like that. I'm sure he meant it in good humor but the end of that would make me wonder. I would much more be respectful of a guy who says something like "Hey gentlemen, I realize i'm fat looking, but I just got back into the uniform. Looking forward to working it back down" or something to that effect. Instead of "I know I'm fat, fuck you"

Alright there...Lt @ TBS.

Clux4

Banned
I don't doubt it. Just this weekend I came across a 62 year old active duty Air Force Captain (yes, that's right, O-3) who was retired and got recalled. It's a good deal for him, he gets to re-base his retirement check.

I can't post a URL for what my own Mk-1 Mod-0 eyes and ears took in, you just have to trust me.

There is a Captain with the Army Reserve Civil Affairs unit out of Lubbock Texas. He was not recalled but he mentioned being in the same Class as General Petraeus at Westpoint. He got out as a Huey pilot and went on to do other things. Just decided to come back in and join the effort. He will not be able to get 20 in before he will be forced to retire.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Alright there...Lt @ TBS.

AHHHHH HAHAHAHAHA

STFU_and_GTFO.ashx

BigRed389

None
You call guys that attrite from flight training shit bags? Are you fucking kidding me?

OK I'm finding myself having to respond to this constantly so I'm going to clear the air. If I came across that way, I apologize.

I don't think attriting means they're shitbags, however, what made me speak out was the suggestion that we would magically fix the problems in the SWO community O-3+ levels by taking other pipeline attrites and forcing them to go SWO. It's one thing to give people the choice, but I think forcing people into a pipeline they don't want is not setting them up for success. That's what SWO manning policy seems like right now...you take all the guys who for one reason or another couldn't finish the pipelines they wanted, didn't get into any pipeline they wanted, or just plan to leave in 4 years.

And yes, driving a ship is pretty fucking easy...I'm not even going to argue that one.