• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prowler Future

Tombstone

Just being curious I know that the EA-18G is starting to come into service for the Navy. As for the prowler is starting to be phased out of Navy service. I have two questions. 1) Is the Marines getting any of the new EA-18G's? 2) If the marines are not what will happen to the prowlers in the corp? Will they be phased out with the Navy's prowlers or will they stick around longer?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just being curious I know that the EA-18G is starting to come into service for the Navy. As for the prowler is starting to be phased out of Navy service. I have two questions. 1) Is the Marines getting any of the new EA-18G's? 2) If the marines are not what will happen to the prowlers in the corp? Will they be phased out with the Navy's prowlers or will they stick around longer?

1. No, nor are they getting any other Superhornet variant
2. Most likely by ~2015

There's lots of discussion about this topic - search away.

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dude, it is Corps. With an S. Always. Also, take a grammar class or proofread your post before clicking submit to see if it is readable.

You'll have to cut the kid some slack, as he IS a male cheerleader.

Brett

Junior

pilot
You'll have to cut the kid some slack, as he IS a male cheerleader.

Brett
Oh. Should have just said that to begin with. :D

No, you won't live it down. But when you think about it, you are only being made fun of online. Not that big of a deal, just guard your secret in the real world.

edit: Late again.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
I don't think there's any need to record how often Brett is caught busting male cheerleaders. Isn't there some policy against that?

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
1. No, nor are they getting any other Superhornet variant
2. Most likely by ~2015

Word on the street has it that it may now be something like 2019+. I think the reality of the whole situation is starting to strike home in the Corp :)icon_tong), and they are starting to consider some other options to try and stretch things out longer. Some of the ideas are "outside the box", which you can translate into "completely unworkable", but hey - they're trying.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
What if I'm listening to the marine forecast or need to go down to the marine store and buy some cleat or nautical widget?