• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quick to punch out?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
It would all depend how he's slumped over the stick I guess.

And one could easily lead to the other, true.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
TurnandBurn55 said:
I don't know... you can be ballistic and not out-of-control, can't you?
You bettcha ... :) .... goin' over the top of the "egg" on your back @ zero airspeed waiting to stick a rudder all the way in .... then "back in the saddle" --- tracking .... tracking .... GUNS KILL!!!

doubledeuce

Tartan
None
HAL Pilot said:
From what I remember, farting was highly encouraged.....

I love a job where they teach you burping and farting are accepted procedures :D .
And for those yet to ride the chamber, I recommend a healthy serving of Mexican food or hearty chili the night before... everyone loves his own blend, the neighbors' blends are never quite as satisfying.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
TurnandBurn55 said:
I don't know... you can be ballistic and not out-of-control, can't you?

Move the stick, does it do anything? You don't have control...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
But that's not OCF. I can be in a stalled (or hell, ballistic) condition and not be able to do anything when I move the controls, but I'm not OCF (yet). Again, not saying the T-45 incident was or wasn't OCF.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
gatordev said:
But that's not OCF. I can be in a stalled (or hell, ballistic) condition and not be able to do anything when I move the controls, but I'm not OCF (yet). Again, not saying the T-45 incident was or wasn't OCF.

You can still control an aircraft that's in a stall... just gotta do it carefully :) A stall is not a departure.

If you're falling out of the sky, 0 airspeed, and your controls are doing nothing... I'd call that "out of control". The aircraft may be ballistic heading downhill, in which you're just regaining flying speed... but at that moment, you have no control over the aircraft, it's doing its own thing... whether that meats OPNAV definition of out-of-control... I think ballistic flight is kind of a weird area anyway.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
You can still control an aircraft that's in a stall... just gotta do it carefully :) ... I think ballistic flight is kind of a weird area anyway.

Aren't the Harriers ballistic when they go off the ski-jump ramp (that is Brit, Spanish, Italian, Thai, Indian, whatever)?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You can still control an aircraft that's in a stall... just gotta do it carefully A stall is not a departure.

If you're falling out of the sky, 0 airspeed, and your controls are doing nothing... I'd call that "out of control". The aircraft may be ballistic heading downhill, in which you're just regaining flying speed... but at that moment, you have no control over the aircraft, it's doing its own thing... whether that meats OPNAV definition of out-of-control... I think ballistic flight is kind of a weird area anyway.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I still don't totally buy the argument w/ the unconcious stud (as we've told it here, anyway), but I get what you're saying.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
heyjoe said:
Aren't the Harriers ballistic when they go off the ski-jump ramp (that is Brit, Spanish, Italian, Thai, Indian, whatever)?

I don't think the Harrier qualifies as a normal aircraft.. it hovers... now that's just not natural.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
[/B]
Fly Navy said:
I don't think the Harrier qualifies as a normal aircraft.. it hovers... now that's just not natural.

You're right. It's not normal. It's superior. Normal isn't good enough.

"Never ask a man what he flies. If he flys Harriers, he'll let you know. If not, you don't want to embarass him by making he admit to flying (insert your T/M/S here"

I guess I was easily goaded into this one.

By the way, we're not ballistic on launch, even after a ski-jump. We're in control all the way down the tramline until we're back chocked and chained. If not, really bad things happen.

OK.....start the harrassment now, if you must.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Missed!

a4shot.jpg