• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quick to punch out?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Catmando said:
Missed!

a4shot.jpg
You wanna trade places .... ??? :)

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
You wanna trade places .... ??? :)

Only like this . . . . .

lastditch.jpg

Howwazzat for an incredible, "last-ditch" maneuver??? :D :icon_smil

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Catmando said:
Only like this . . . . .

lastditch.jpg

Howwazzat for an incredible, "last-ditch" maneuver??? :D :icon_smil
Ahh, the much feared and seldom used "Photoshop-jink." Gutsiest move I ever saw. :D

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Catmando said:
Only like this . . . . .

lastditch.jpg
That's not a bad sleight-of-hand .... and I see you have not lost the 'ol F-4 drivers' infamous penchant for creativity, fantasy, hallucination, performing conjuring tricks and make-believe in the debrief.

BUT EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE NOTE:

I would suggest that you print out a hard copy of Cat's "last-ditch Photoshop maneuver" --- you know, for the ages --- as it is the first and last time you will ever see an F-4 behind an A-4 at this range ...
:)

Unless 'ol Smokey is merely joining up to bingo home on my wing .... :D

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
I would suggest that you print out a hard copy of Cat's "last-ditch Photoshop maneuver" --- you know, for the ages --- as it is the first and last time you will ever see an F-4 behind an A-4 at this range ... :)
I've seen the A-4 and F-4 fly twice each. The A-4, unfortunately was restricted to the big screen, watching it in The Right Stuff and Top Gun. The F-4, however, I got to watch at MCAS El Toro air show when El Toro was still a base as well as at Norton AFB (also, when it was a base). Watching the two is like comparing a piece of pork loin to a nice beef filet. Both are good, but come on....what would you rather have? Yea, the F-4. :D

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
The A-4 was a great piece of gear. I only flew the TA-4J in the training command, but it was a great time. I scared the sh!t out of myself trying out the old "720 degree per second roll rate" on my solo. The IP standing duty told me not to do it on my pre-solo outbrief, but I'm sure he knew all of us would do it anyway. When I came back, he took one look at me and said "You did it, didn't you." When I told him I had, he just smiled and said "I told you so". Pretty eye-watering.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
Hmmmmm ..... Did someone let a Black Shoe loose in here .... ???

rob5.jpg
You got it backwards. I've got to keep you aviator bubbas under control. It's a tough job only a SWO can do. :tongue2_1

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
That's not a bad sleight-of-hand .... and I see you have not lost the 'ol F-4 drivers' infamous penchant for creativity, fantasy, hallucination, performing conjuring tricks and make-believe in the debrief.

Hey A4's, the guys waiting back in the Ready Room don't know. So do you got some good gun-camera film on you, maybe? Didn't think so.;)

Then the 1st guy to the blackboard (especially with my 'indisputable' still shot) wins!!! (1st guy to the blackboard always was the best "last ditch" maneuver I ever performed. :D :D )

A4sForever said:

I would suggest that you print out a hard copy of Cat's "last-ditch Photoshop maneuver" --- you know, for the ages --- as it is the first and last time you will ever see an F-4 behind an A-4 at this range ...
:)

(BTW, I am a former naval aviator, and thus too cheap to buy Photoshop. I used freeware, a discontinued on-sale scanner, and an Exacto knife . . . it's more often the AF that uses Photoshop – due to their lacking the USN's prevailing ingenuity. . . . . And yes, before any Marines chime in, I know your preference for hardware over any software, so just stow it, OK? :icon_smil )

Unless 'ol Smokey is merely joining up to bingo home on my wing .... :D

'Ol Smokey? Who you calling 'ol Smokey. See below. The F-4 didn't smoke (well, maybe a little . . . . but never in burner.) :)

smoke.jpg

Lovebug201

standby, mark mark, pull
None
Sort of an old bad riddle

What do an A4 and a moped have in common?

Both are fun to ride in/on, but you wouldn't want your friends to see you:D
...:D :D :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
^^ *SIGH*

Before this sorry, sorry display of hallucinatory excess continues from the mouth(s) of those representing 1/2 of the Navy tactical community back-in-the-day ... you know, before they continue to embarrass, annoy, confuse, discomfit, discompose, disconcert, disgrace, dismay, disquiet, dissatisfy, humiliate, irk, irritate, mortify, peeve, perturb, shame, upset, or vex anyone herein or
themselves further ...

BEFORE that happens ..... I just want all you "Juniors" to take a step back and see what happens when impressionable people watch Tom Cruise and "TopGun" one time too many ... and remember, a mind is a terrible thing to lose. :) *SIGH*

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
... I just want all you "Juniors" to take a step back and see what happens when impressionable people watch Tom Cruise and "TopGun" one time too many ... and remember, a mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Well, I DID memorize the movie verbatim during the summer of '88.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
I've seen the A-4 and F-4 fly twice each. The A-4, unfortunately was restricted to the big screen, watching it in The Right Stuff and Top Gun. The F-4, however, I got to watch at MCAS El Toro air show when El Toro was still a base as well as at Norton AFB (also, when it was a base). Watching the two is like comparing a piece of pork loin to a nice beef filet. Both are good, but come on....what would you rather have? Yea, the F-4. :D

Steve, you never saw the Blue Angels as a kid?

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
gatordev said:
Steve, you never saw the Blue Angels as a kid?
I was 17 before I ever saw the Blue's fly....they were in the Hornet by then. I did get to see the SR-71 fly before it retired though. VERY NICE!