• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Retirees subject to recall....

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How would you like your favorite AW "retiree" in your Ready Room? Just think of it...A4s waving you at the boat or showing you how it was done "in the day" on the job or on liberty or Catmando filling that IA that someone is trying to tag you with?

Well, DoD is getting ready to recall retirees to help out:

(a) It is DoD policy that military retirees be ordered to active
duty as needed to perform such duties as the Secretary concerned
considers necessary in the interests of national defense as described
in 10 U.S.C. 12301 and 688.

A4s - don't break out the old flight jacket quite yet until you read the fine print on who is elgible:

(c) Military retiree categories.
(1) Category I. Non-disability military retirees under age 60 who have been retired fewer than 5 years.
(2) Category II. Non-disability military retirees under age 60 who
have been retired 5 years or more.
(3) Category III. Military retirees, including those retired for
disability, other than categories I or II retirees (includes warrant
officers and healthcare professionals who retire from active duty after
age 60).
(d) Military retirees or retired military members. (1) Regular and
Reserve officers and enlisted members who retire from the Military
Services under 10 U.S.C. Chapters 61, 63, 65, 1223, 367, 571, or 573,
and 14 U.S.C. Chapters 11 and 21.
(2) Reserve officers and enlisted members eligible for retirement
under one of the provisions of law in Sec. 64.3(d) who have not
reached age 60 and who have not elected discharge or are not members of
the Ready Reserve or Standby Reserve (including members of the Inactive
Standby Reserve).
(3) Members of the Fleet Reserve and Fleet Marine Corps Reserve
under 10 U.S.C. 6330.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Age descrimination!! Why 60? At 70 I can do everything I could do at age 25, albeit maybe a tad slower.

And at the top of the list for recall:

MGen Batiste et al?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So how about recalling a few Generals that are bad mouthing the SECDEF and letting them have a chat with the SECDEF.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Recall?? Me?? Back in the Navy .... ME ??? :eek:

.... my existence in the Boeing 747, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you -- saves lives. You don't want the truth: because deep down in places you don't talk about at your effite wine and cheese tasting parties, you want me in that 747, you need me in that 747. We use words like "get me some coffee ...", "where's the layover hotel ...?", "another goddamn paycut??", and "I think this crew meal is from World War 2 ... ". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent satisfying our materialistic desires.

You use them as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a military martinet who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very tax dollar(s) that I provide for his wasteful excess, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a drink tray and go serve the passengers.

Either way, I don't give a damn whether or not you think I should be recalled to answer the duty phone in San Diego.

Me??? Back in the Navy ??? I don't think so ........

T

TXHusker05

Now that was damn funny.

9581.jpg

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to A4sForever again.

Hilarious.

I agree with Schnugg, too...if they think it's cool to go badmouthing their former superior(s), let 'em go back and tell him face to face, back in uniform.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
this war is going to have to get REALLY bad for this to actually happen...

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Now that I've cleaned the coffee and Bailey's ofof my fiance's keyboard, a question about the whole word "retirees" and how it applies...

Does this also apply to Little Timmy who did 4 years in the Navy and then split and is still living with mommy, or just the guy next door who put in 20, retired at 45 and is now the CEO of his own bikini-carwash company?

Old NFO

None
I dunno, but I DO know my name is on a list of potential recalls- I got a letter back in 2002, but have heard nothing since...:D