• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Retirees subject to recall....

VAmookie

im sort of lost what all these additional bodies are going to do anyway. We are not in a world war here, we arent fighting an enemy with superior combat power. What I'm saying is, strength in numbers isnt necessarily going to help us attrite the hell out of 'mohammed atmai jamal' who is sneaking around planting IED's in unknown locations

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
CORPSviation said:
im sort of lost what all these additional bodies are going to do anyway. We are not in a world war here, we arent fighting an enemy with superior combat power. What I'm saying is, strength in numbers isnt necessarily going to help us attrite the hell out of 'mohammed atmai jamal' who is sneaking around planting IED's in unknown locations

I'm not sure the recall means an increase in numbers. Even though the US is embroiled in the GWOT, there are strict end strength numbers for a ll the services. Only the Special Operations domain is in a growth posture and they are getting billets culled from other communites (a zero sum gain as they say in Pentagon). My guess is that they are looking for retirees to ease the strain on reservists being recalled OR load on active duty to fill IA billets.

USAF has used something like this at ACC recently to fill key staff billets only they brought back retirees as contractors and looked for individuals who had done specific jobs before and leveraged their expertise. Remember, age and treachery can win over youth and vigor (or something like that) any time. Don't worry, A4s sound slike he doesn't want to answer the call....maybe he'd accept a by name call as a reservist for a few drill periods (to bring some rich color to the Ready Room) if the AW faithful started a petition to VADM Cotton.

TheBubba said:
Now that I've cleaned the coffee and Bailey's ofof my fiance's keyboard, a question about the whole word "retirees" and how it applies...

Does this also apply to Little Timmy who did 4 years in the Navy and then split and is still living with mommy, or just the guy next door who put in 20, retired at 45 and is now the CEO of his own bikini-carwash company?

If we were "really" hurting for bodies we "could" call up Little Timmy to come to our aid.

I know that I initially enlisted four 4 years active and then another 4 years in the inactive reserve. Meaning that within that four year period they could recall me to prevent having a to draft someone. This also gives the Navy an experienced servicemember instead of having to send a new guy through all the training pipelines.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
redmariner97 said:
If we were "really" hurting for bodies we "could" call up Little Timmy to come to our aid.

I know that I initially enlisted four 4 years active and then another 4 years in the inactive reserve. Meaning that within that four year period they could recall me to prevent having a to draft someone. This also gives the Navy an experienced servicemember instead of having to send a new guy through all the training pipelines.

It's all in that fine print that you sign when you join...

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
.... my existence in the Boeing 747, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you --

Best quote ever!!

A4s, you're killing me...:icon_smil

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
50bef932fa1a9f009c50bfb0e1df74a1.jpg

"I can't fill up a carrier with geriatrics!"

A4's, Catmando, Hey Joe, and the gang...

And A4's, I agree with Schnugg... that was awesome.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
From the ... just when you thought it was safe to go outside dept.:

While whistling a little tune, laughing and scratching all the way to Starbuck's, then the bank, then Home Depot, then the post office today ... look what shows up .....:eek:

I think ... check that: I know ... I need to squeeze some limes ... :icon_rast

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
CORPSviation said:
is he being for real?
By ... "HE"??? Do you mean "ME"??? Most definitely got the letter from UNCLE ... I would never kid about UNCLE.... he has no sense of humor. :icon_rast

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm curious what the details were, if you dont mind please enlighten us or roll it over to a "big boy" forum if so warranted.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I'd like to hear the details too - I haven't received anything.

If they want me, they better be ready to give me a weight/bf waiver. I f'd up my knee running my butt off while on active duty to maintain standards and ended up with a 30% disability and a lot of pain if I'm not careful with it. I'm not doing it any more damage (I was told there would be a knee replacement in my future if I did) and I'll be damned if I'll give up my beer. But hey, if they gave me that waiver I wouldn't mind a year or two.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Wel-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l .... I'm NOT going to give away too much for a variety of reasons. Partly because this is a "pubic" forum, I don't know ANY of you-all (in the biblical sense) and, quite frankly, it's none of your damn business ... :)

BUT ... a brief overview: UNCLE wanted me to update all my vital stats as I saw them --- since "He and I" have had very little communication of late --- i.e., name, rank, serial $$$, education, dependents, airline CRAF status (I'm retiring -- but CRAF is what kept me from a callup in Gulf 1:icon_wink ) ..... whether or not I'm presently a homosexual ... although they indicated waivers were available. You know, all the usual stuff. It MAY be time to play the "don't ask -- don't tell --'cause I'm gonna tell anyway .. " card. :)

*edit* post fixed to protect the "innocent" from themselves ...

I also got a second letter (same day) reminding me to apply for RETIREMENT PAY 90 days prior to my 60th B-Day ... so go figure. .. do you suppose the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing???

And then ... there'$ alway$ Blackwater. :icon_rast