• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Scooters Forever (A-4 Skyhawk Tribute Thread)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
damn, i loved the scooter.

A real classic

VF-43Dogs.jpg
[/IMG]

Photo by HJ

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Threadjack: what is behind the access panel which is open on all the jets in the line and why is/was it always open? Curious . . .

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Seems like we also checked the fuel control linkage (tied to the auto/manual selector switch in the cockpit) on the starboard side of the fuselage above the wing -- the "other" engine access panel/inspection door -- there were two -- port & starboard. It also seems that you needed to count "bolts" on the engine mounting ring -- can't remember exactly -- 20 year old A-4 memory working here ... :sleep_125

Anyone have an A-4 NATOPS???

*edit* ... or better yet, a copy of "Walk Around" by Squadron/Signal Publications ... ???

Rasczak

Marine
I wish. Those Squadron Walk Arounds are great. I have one for the SPAD. The stuff they put in there is nice. Pretty exhaustive research of the plane.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seems like we also checked the fuel control linkage (tied to the auto/manual selector switch in the cockpit) on the starboard side of the fuselage above the wing -- the "other" engine access panel/inspection door -- there were two -- port & starboard.

Here's the starboard view

VF-43TA-4Jlineup.jpg
[/IMG]

Photo by HJ

Rasczak

Marine
You should upload all these photos you have to places like ARC or skyhawk.org. Man they'd love some of the photos ya'll put up here.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You should upload all these photos you have to places like ARC or skyhawk.org. Man they'd love some of the photos ya'll put up here.

Good idea...but my heart belongs to AW:icon_smil. Maybe, they can visit hre...:D

Here's Topgun Scooters lined up during visit to Nellis

TOPGUNA-4lineupatNellis.jpg
[/IMG]

Photo by HJ

Rasczak

Marine
Mind if I share em? Credited to you of course.. I know some people that would love these.

what plane is that in the lineup in the last photo. 2nd plane from the front

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mind if I share em? Credited to you of course.. I know some people that would love these.

what plane is that in the lineup in the last photo. 2nd plane from the front

Feel free to share them.

Second aircraft is a TA-4J.

Here's another shot from same trip of VF-126 Bandits

VF-126lineup1.jpg
[/IMG]

Photo by HJ