• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2010 Boards

UffDa

Anyone got their Pro-rec letters yet? I haven't received mine and I am wondering if it has been long enough to expect one just yet.

I haven't received mine yet (FINDOCS submitted around 25SEP2010) and my OR thinks my holdup could be that fact that Intel (my 3rd choice) hasn't reviewed my application but it was my 3rd choice. Even if I was seen by Intel and pro-rec'd, I would still be moving forward with SWO so I'm a bit confused how it could hold me up, but I am just going with the flow.

My OR figured I would have had my dates by now, FS letter within another 2 weeks. He had me submit a letter withdrawing my application from the pending Intel board review since I was already pro-rec'd SWO (2nd choice) in the hopes of speeding up the my dates and subsequent FS letter pending from the SWO community.

So, if you had your FINDOCS in over 2 weeks ago, you may want to ask if anything else could hold you up from getting dates (i.e. maybe you have other boards on your preference list waiting to review your application holding up your other community?...) Or this may not apply to you at all, once again a moot point. Just sharing 1 other possible situation that could be holding you up...

Good luck!

Appreciate both of your responses and they gave some interesting information. However, I was referring to the pro-rec letter, not a final select. I wouldn't even be looking for a final select for at least another month yet.

That is good to know that I could be looking for the final select as early as a few weeks from now though as MEPS was done before I even submitted to the board and there is no PRT requirement at the moment. But my issue is not allowing myself to get too excited before I have some tangible proof in my hands that I have been selected and all is moving forward.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Oh, I never actually received a "pro-rec letter" just the phone call from my OR. Are you aware if you were selected? If you need any kind of verification, I would speak with your OR or your processor.

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
There is no tangible "pro-rec letter" per se. However, you could ask your recruiter to give you (read: print out) the results from OTOOLS and then you'd have something tangible. However a pro-rec is more of a word of mouth thing from your recruiter/processor. The letter which all of us are waiting for, and why your question confused some, is the final select, which may not even be a tangible letter either but I'm no expert on the subject.

On the subject of FS, eas7888, is your information on 3-5 weeks after MEPS based on your experience or word from recruiter/processor? This week is 3 weeks since I cleared MEPS (PQ).

eas7888

pilot
Contributor
Yes, this is what my recruiter has told me. However, this is assuming that your security clearance paperwork is also complete. You may be waiting longer if you have to wait for that to go through. I was lucky enough to have my clearance from the Army already.

Ah gotcha. Again thank you. I'm just a bit untrusting at this point in the game. I've been having a lot of difficulties throughout this process and it's been getting progressively worse. As of now, I have been trying unsuccessfully to reach someone in the recruiter's office for over two weeks now and I am not getting any sort of response from either the recruiter or the processor. All I want to do is verify that my security clearance papers have been sent in. Thinking it's about time to go over his head.

Thank you for all the info guys. Hope we all get our letters soon.

woodfinx

sounds like your MEPS experience was better than mine. I was the only officer candidate in a room full of National Guard kids fresh out of high school doing the duck walk.

annoying little fu*****

eas7888

pilot
Contributor
You're better than them because you're an OC, right? Just making sure.

I think he's saying he's less annoying than them because they're 17 and 18 years old. And yes, they are annoying. Going back to MEPS the second time as a 27 year old, I must say that I sincerely hope I wasn't that bad when I was 19 going through, though I probably was.

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
Ah gotcha. Again thank you. I'm just a bit untrusting at this point in the game. I've been having a lot of difficulties throughout this process and it's been getting progressively worse. As of now, I have been trying unsuccessfully to reach someone in the recruiter's office for over two weeks now and I am not getting any sort of response from either the recruiter or the processor. All I want to do is verify that my security clearance papers have been sent in. Thinking it's about time to go over his head.

Thank you for all the info guys. Hope we all get our letters soon.

Sounds like a rough few weeks for you. The results from the September Pilot/NFO/SWO boards have been out since about the 24th so I'd assume (often a mistake) that whatever results you're looking for are in your recruiters posession. IDK about going over his/her head and the processors, I'm not sure who else there is to contact. If you just want results shoot an email over to Malibu (nyusn.blogspot.com) with your NRD and what you were in for. He's a big help and if he gets the time he can check for your results. He's getting out of recruiting it seems like so email him asap, but use this as a last resort after you try getting in touch with your contact one last time. Best of luck, and hang in there!

Stalin

So, anyone want to take bets when the results come out? IIRC, in September the boards were the 15th (?) and everyone found out the 24th, 9 days later. That puts us around the 24-26...

I'm just lucky I've been keeping myself busy. To know that my future has been determined but not knowing the decision is killing me! Oh well, gives the Guard more time to fix my pay issues before I switch over...

CountryBoy8184

Former NFO-select, now SNA
sounds like your MEPS experience was better than mine. I was the only officer candidate in a room full of National Guard kids fresh out of high school doing the duck walk.

annoying little fu*****

I had the same situation. I was the only officer candidate as well when I had to complete my MEPS. I felt like an old man, lol.

Stalin

Boards convened the 13th of September. :D

Ok so 11 days, puts me around Oct 26 or 28... and I brilliantly realized I posted this in the wrong thread lol. I submitted my packet in September for October so I'm constantly finding myself looking at this thread instead of the other one D:

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
Ok so 11 days, puts me around Oct 26 or 28... and I brilliantly realized I posted this in the wrong thread lol. I submitted my packet in September for October so I'm constantly finding myself looking at this thread instead of the other one D:

haha I didn't want to be that guy to tell you that so I provided you with the above semi smart a** response instead. Good luck, and yes you 'should' be hearing something next week. Don't worry, as soon as the results are out this blog will light up like a christmas tree.

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
I had the same situation. I was the only officer candidate as well when I had to complete my MEPS. I felt like an old man, lol.

Same boat here, it was me and a puddle pirate officer candidate with like 40 17 and 18 year old kids going into the Army. I was impressed with how much they know about what they "plan" on doing (what their recruiter has promised them) as far as their MOS and what not. I feel like those 18 year old kids know more about the next 5 years of their life than I know about mine sometimes. But they were annoying at times, so was I when I was 18.