• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2010 Boards

Lucy

Same here Stalin, except for Intel. Great fun getting classes all arranged isn't it?
Best of luck!

Stalin

Had I known earlier or had I cracked down on getting out of college faster at a younger age I'd've been in Pensacola by now. Then again, I probably wouldn't've known about BDCP in the first place.

(double contractions are cool btw)

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Well, I finally finished up my physical at MEPS, now the last waiting game to find out my date begins. I have to be honest, after going through MEPS almost 8 years ago as an enlisted person, going through as prior service/officer candidate is much better! I was moved the the front of the line for most of the stations.

Anyway, best of luck to all of you out there who are waiting to hear back about your final select. Have any of you received your final select yet?

kdenn

eas7888, firstly, congrats on finishing up with MEPS. Quick question: asides from being treated differently as an officer candidate, how was your experience? Specifically, I'm curious to know how things are being done now with that whole PRT suspension thing. I'm hoping to get my physical done sometime next week and it'd be great to get some insight from someone who did theirs very recently :)

eas7888

pilot
Contributor
eas7888, firstly, congrats on finishing up with MEPS. Quick question: asides from being treated differently as an officer candidate, how was your experience? Specifically, I'm curious to know how things are being done now with that whole PRT suspension thing. I'm hoping to get my physical done sometime next week and it'd be great to get some insight from someone who did theirs very recently :)

Well, I suggest you bring a book to read. I don't know how the MEPS operates in your area, but there is a lot of hurry up and wait involved. I think my process was different primarily because I'm currently enlisted, more so than being an officer candidate. They were a little more helpful in getting me through the process, and I wasn't treated like a child as much as the 17-19 year old crowd. As far as the whole PRT suspension, I've been told that as soon as the medical results come back (HIV/Drug Screen), they'll forward my physical for approval. After that, the approved physical will be forwarded to the appropriate authorities, and upon review, a final select letter complete with OCS report date will be sent out.

kdenn

Well, I suggest you bring a book to read. I don't know how the MEPS operates in your area, but there is a lot of hurry up and wait involved. I think my process was different primarily because I'm currently enlisted, more so than being an officer candidate. They were a little more helpful in getting me through the process, and I wasn't treated like a child as much as the 17-19 year old crowd. As far as the whole PRT suspension, I've been told that as soon as the medical results come back (HIV/Drug Screen), they'll forward my physical for approval. After that, the approved physical will be forwarded to the appropriate authorities, and upon review, a final select letter complete with OCS report date will be sent out.

Fantastic! Thanks :)

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA

So to clarify, the only change in the PRT is that you need to pass your physical at meps and then you can do the PRT?

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
So to clarify, the only change in the PRT is that you need to pass your physical at meps and then you can do the PRT?

I talked with my processor yesterday and he said that you are no longer required to take and pass the PRT in order to get your Final Select letter.

Anyone got their Pro-rec letters yet? I haven't received mine and I am wondering if it has been long enough to expect one just yet.

eas7888

pilot
Contributor
Well, when was your medial information submitted? I was told that after my medical was submitted, that could take 1-2 weeks, then another 1-2 before I receive my final select. So, expect 2-4 weeks after you've had the medical sent of. And just a note, you have to wait almost a week for the HIV/drug screen results to come back for your medical. So, total of 3-5 weeks AFTER your MEPS physical. Unless of course you had it done before the board, which would render my point moot.