• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2010 Boards

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
I don't know if my situation is related, but I was slated to take the PRT in a few weeks to finish up all my FINDOCS for BDCP, my recruiter just told me that the "requirements" for BDCP have just changed and I can swear in before the PRT. I'm curious to know if it is related.

Flying Toaster

None
I just spoke to my recruiter about taking the PRT and he told me that all PRTs are on hold for the time being. Apparently, someone died somewhere taking it.

^
I hope that's some sort of joke.

How many millions of people have taken the PRT and not died? Yet the problem is clearly with the test not the person involved. Time for a redesign, if we're voting on it I say we do away with anything that involves physical exertion, I mean it could cause heart problems...

Stalin

NO! I was supposed to take it TOMORROW!!! I'll just keep my mouth shut... maybe they haven't got the memo yet...

Overlord243

Final-Select SNA 20 Feb 2011 OCS Date
I heard this on Thursday as well. My OR never said anyone died though. What I was told is that the PT is on hold and that I can get the final select letter without doing PT. I do get weighed in tomorrow though. My OR told me the PT would be done at OCS. Never heard anything about having to do it before I ship to OCS though.

Hmmm... He didn't mention anything about not needing the PRT completed to get a final select. My major issue is that there isn't an officer recruiter in Alaska, so I might need to be flying somewhere solely to get this done. I was told that since PRT is suspended right now, he hasn't even looked into how I can get it done.

Anyone else received some sort of confirmation that a PRT isn't necessary to received a Final Select? I already have MEPS and Nasis was completed/submitted the same time as my packet, which I presume means the background check as well? With both of those done and the PRT suspended, I don't want to assume I am finished for now only to find out months from now my final select is waiting upon completion of the PRT!

Daniel, did your recruiter specify how long the PRTs would be on hold for?

No. My first thought was exactly that, but I could tell from his tone of voice I wasn't going to get an answer to it that would be conclusive.

NO! I was supposed to take it TOMORROW!!! I'll just keep my mouth shut... maybe they haven't got the memo yet...

Probably a good plan. I just found a Navy enlisted recruiter here in Fairbanks. I will try and schedule a PRT with him, and I'll let him tell me that I can't.

I heard this on Thursday as well. My OR never said anyone died though. What I was told is that the PT is on hold and that I can get the final select letter without doing PT. I do get weighed in tomorrow though. My OR told me the PT would be done at OCS. Never heard anything about having to do it before I ship to OCS though.

Way back when in this process, I was told there are two PRTs before shipping out. One is to get the Final Select. The other is a few weeks before OCS class date to ensure you didn't turn into an atrophied sack of crap in the intervening time. Don't know if both are cancelled or what.

The multi-quote tool is awesome.

Stalin

Yeah well I can verify the rumor... found out the hard way... skipped class to drive to Atlanta only to get turned around. I'm really mad, but at the same time, the irony is so great I just think it's funny. I've had really bad luck this whole process... BDCP died a few days before I turn my application in, now they stop doing the PT test the day I show up! I just hope they don't run out of pilot slots the day before my packet goes before the board D:

GoVols1998

Stalin, if you are graduating by May 2011, there are still a few BDCP slots open, and given your packet, you probably have a good chance of getting one of those if your recruiter submitted it for BDCP, as mine did.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I just talked to my recruiter today and found out that I was Professionally Recommended for SNA. I could not be happier. For those interested, here are my stats:

Virginia Military Institute
BS in Mechanical Engineering
Concentration in Aerospace Engineering
GPA: 2.605
Dean's List
Inducted into Kappa Alpha Order upon graduation

Extra-Curricular:
Served as a Color SGT at VMI
Was the S1/Adjutant/XO for our New Cadet Military Training program
Was the Assistant Cadet in Charge of the Martial Arts Club
Am currently a member of Civil Air Patrol and my squadron's Emergency Services Training Officer
Played football in HS and my Freshman & Sophomore year. Position: Left and Right Bench
Mecklenburg Republican Party Campaign Volunteer
Was a CAP cadet and earned the General Billy Mitchell Award

ASTB: 6/7/7 53

The best advice I can give for those who didn't get selected is not to give up hope. I applied three times to USNA (even secured a nomination from my Congressman), once for a four year NROTC scholarship, twice for NROTC college program, and twice for OCS; and I was just accepted this last board. Best of luck to everybody; hopefully I get to meet some of y'all in person at OCS. :)

bluemarlin04

I just talked to my recruiter today and found out that I was Professionally Recommended for SNA. I could not be happier. For those interested, here are my stats:

Virginia Military Institute
BS in Mechanical Engineering
Concentration in Aerospace Engineering
GPA: 2.605
Dean's List
Inducted into Kappa Alpha Order upon graduation

Extra-Curricular:
Served as a Color SGT at VMI
Was the S1/Adjutant/XO for our New Cadet Military Training program
Was the Assistant Cadet in Charge of the Martial Arts Club
Am currently a member of Civil Air Patrol and my squadron's Emergency Services Training Officer
Played football in HS and my Freshman & Sophomore year. Position: Left and Right Bench
Mecklenburg Republican Party Campaign Volunteer
Was a CAP cadet and earned the General Billy Mitchell Award

ASTB: 6/7/7 53

The best advice I can give for those who didn't get selected is not to give up hope. I applied three times to USNA (even secured a nomination from my Congressman), once for a four year NROTC scholarship, twice for NROTC college program, and twice for OCS; and I was just accepted this last board. Best of luck to everybody; hopefully I get to meet some of y'all in person at OCS. :)

Fukin A. Congrats man. That is some serious dedication to becoming an Officer.

Stalin

Stalin, if you are graduating by May 2011, there are still a few BDCP slots open, and given your packet, you probably have a good chance of getting one of those if your recruiter submitted it for BDCP, as mine did.

I tried so hard to do this. I went from May 2012, to December 2011, and am at August 2011, but there is no way I could push that back to May unless I was taking 41 credits this semester vs 20. My logic is though that most the people trying to get into BDCP were around 1-3 years out to graduate, and to DA you gotta be within 1, so I kept pushing my graduation date forward so I can get a DA pilot slot before most the ex-BDCPers get within the 1 year range. I've seen some crazy stuff going on in this progress, the sooner I snag a pilot slot, the sooner my mind will be at ease