• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
It feels like a typical Monday for me. I have plenty of stuff to deal with at work, and there is my car that needs some work, all of which helps keep my occupied.
Same here. Car started sputtering during acceleration this morning. Thinking its likely the fuel filter or some other sensor....New plugs, cables, air filter, O2 sensor, MAF, Vac lines...thing is a money pit.

spazzz

Since everyone is waiting for the results to come out (including me, even though I didn't apply to this board), here's a topic to keep us occupied. What was your motivation for applying for the designator you applied for? I noticed that a lot of people have IW or IP (and/or SWO-IW, SWO-IP) listed as their first choice and INTEL either not listed or listed as a second, third, fourth . . . choice. I'd be interested to hear how people came to their decisions.
I applied INTEL only for several reason. It is one of the few designators that I meet the age requirement for. I also have a math background and really enjoy the entire problem solving and forecasting aspects that it appears INTEL presents. In the end I really just want to be a Naval officer though so I might have to make some changes for the December board.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Same here. Car started sputtering during acceleration this morning. Thinking its likely the fuel filter or some other sensor....New plugs, cables, air filter, O2 sensor, MAF, Vac lines...thing is a money pit.

Sounds like you too have experienced the fun of having to maintain a car with a turbo/super charger in it. Luckily mine is just a leaking radiator hose, easy peasy. I am just waiting on parts.

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
Sounds like you too have experienced the fun of having to maintain a car with a turbo/super charger in it. Luckily mine is just a leaking radiator hose, easy peasy. I am just waiting on parts.
2001 VW Passat, V6 POS. It looks nice, but honestly the worst car I've ever had. Best thing about it is it's paid for.

castrozee

Have fun at OCS :) I have a feeling you are going to be one of those people who are going to have no issues with the OCS PT.

My point was more about that the Dec board was supposed to just be FY 14 selects but then there is you, and I believe a few others that are commissioning in FY 15.

Congrats man finally. Remember I had a package on that board (IDC Dec 2013) didn't get selected with a 3.3 GPA Masters in Elect/Engr. Same time I met IW selectees with religious studies. It could've been the quality of my references or something I still couldn't figure out. We talked about it back then and you were a little concerned but it's all good because I got picked up for C4&IT, direct commission engineer a couple of months later (March 2014) with the coastguard and taking the oath in December. Serving my last months on active duty in the navy while you're being yelled at and doing PT... lol. I'm sure you'll be fine. We'll be ensigns right about the same time. Good luck brother.

IWhopeful

Since everyone is waiting for the results to come out (including me, even though I didn't apply to this board), here's a topic to keep us occupied. What was your motivation for applying for the designator you applied for? I noticed that a lot of people have IW or IP (and/or SWO-IW, SWO-IP) listed as their first choice and INTEL either not listed or listed as a second, third, fourth . . . choice. I'd be interested to hear how people came to their decisions.

I want to commission as a Naval Officer, number one. IW is portrayed as being more specialized and less general than INTEL, which I like. Just a personal preference though. Besides that, having worked in IW before, I feel I have the best shot at commissioning into the field I have experience in. I think it could equally be a blast to be a pilot, but I'm just too old now. IW is my best bet for a commission, and I know it to be a lot of fun. I have heard a few negative things about INTEL from IW Officers, but being that one of my friends is an INTEL O and having a blast, I'm willing to write that stuff off.

Spookcumber

Hey all - just a suggestion if you have that kind of a relationship with your CO / the admin that works for your CO:

If you're feeling super anxious, try checking with them once a day throughout the week. When our results came out, the CO's received them before anything was ever on BOL. I knew it was going to be a good day when I went in there to ask and the AO got a huge smile on her face.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Every time I check BOL or AW, I feel like I hear Jeopardy music playing in the background...

2yv2w7m.gif

What is BOL Advancements/Selection Boards?

fedman28

I'm pretty sure we can rule out today from the betting table. It's past 1600 CST in millington, so I'm sure most of the workers there are already picking up a sixer from the local corner store.

At this point A_Longo88 a sixer is not cutting it for me anymore more like a 1/5. Anticapation will get you every time.