• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

Garcia

Sorry, I had misspelled; its tow-thomas-biquadraitc filter; anyways, its a BiQuad filter...but by using Op-Amps, resistors and caps you can create a stable bandpass filter (butterworth); Convolution was thrown in because you can use a convulved signal with such a filter. They really are fun to build, not so much finding the transfer functions.

Edit: BiQuad: You should have quadratics in the denominators with in the "S" domain--when finding the appropriate transfer functions

640px-BiquadFilter1.svg.png
Actually seems interesting...Electronic Circuits... I never got to actually learn these types of circuits...but I'm interested in knowing....What can it be used for?

usmctonavy

Actually seems interesting...Electronic Circuits... I never got to actually learn these types of circuits...but I'm interested in knowing....What can it be used for?
Mostly for signal manipulation; this particular circuit would be used within a system; however, depending on application of said system, you wouldn't necessarily use this particular setup, or a butterworth for that matter; think RF/MW applications.

Garcia

Mostly for signal manipulation; this particular circuit would be used within a system; however, depending on application of said system, you wouldn't necessarily use this particular setup, or a butterworth for that matter; think RF/MW applications.
Ahh I see, filters for converting big waves to radio/broadcast friendly waves... Thanks!

usmctonavy

Ahh I see, filters for converting big waves to radio/broadcast friendly waves... Thanks!
No, filters take away unwanted signals or they pass wanted signals; what I meant for applicable use was that there are better systems that deal with RF/MW than this. Taking broadcast signals and "converting" them to coherent data requires multiple stages of mixers, demodulators, AGC and so forth, all of which filters will be apart of, just not independently.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
69 days till Christmas!

0512-0711-2716-4320.jpg

That is only if Christmas is on time this year. In the past, there have been times when it had to be delayed due to operational commitments. I heard that this year there is probably going to be some deep budget cuts, so I wouldn't expect to see as many gifts as the years prior. But then again, you never know. Is it too early to start checking my calendar every hour, non-stop, to see if the date has changed or Christmas gifts are already out?

usmctonavy

0512-0711-2716-4320.jpg

That is only if Christmas is on time this year. In the past, there have been times when it had to be delayed due to operational commitments. I heard that this year there is probably going to be some deep budget cuts, so I wouldn't expect to see as many gifts as the years prior. But then again, you never know. Is it too early to start checking my calendar every hour, non-stop, to see if the date has changed or Christmas gifts are already out?
Christmas Board must meet first.

PensacolaBayou

I wish NOPO had stuck around a little while longer. It would be nice to know some updated info like the last IDC board applicants did.

EthansCure

I should of bought stock in one of the medical companies that produce the masks, face shields and PPE for dealing with hazardous materials. After seeing the first person in the USA diagnosed with EBOLA, and watching how the media amplifies and attempts to influence the general public...Now everyone feels they need to buy a HazMat suit...By Striking Fear it psychologically manipulates the Demand, thus generating a need to increase Supply.. I could have used the earnings to pay for my Uniforms and Socks at OCS... I made a decent penny back in 1999 investing in a company that produced solar powered radios, flashlights, etc... After the media-fueled panic over Y2K, everyone had to have one...But most of you are too young to remember Y2K...:) I'm the geriatric of the OCS candidates at 37 years old... Cheers

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Question fro @RUFiO181: If you mark Intel as your third option, do they just not consider your package for that designator (like the SWO boards)? My preferences make it pretty clear that I want into the commissioned IDC (IW/SWO-IW/INTEL), but I wasn't sure if it worked the same way.

It will be considered, just not as much as your first and second choices.