• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Some pics from my last flight to the carrier as a COD pilot

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Yeah...not so much. I believe the guy (literally) you're relieving was so "tasked." Then again, there's two of them (same name, just spelled differently), so I may be mistaken.

Nice pics. A clear, sunny, San Dog day.

Nope, different guy but very close spelling. Nobody is 100% safe but NETSAFA in P-Cola doesn't work for the Wing, or a squadron, etc. We have a total of 4 officers, including the CO and the billets are a must fill. Big Navy doesn't come to them for IA billets......at least they haven't since the IA has been around.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Nope, different guy but very close spelling. Nobody is 100% safe but NETSAFA in P-Cola doesn't work for the Wing, or a squadron, etc. We have a total of 4 officers, including the CO and the billets are a must fill. Big Navy doesn't come to them for IA billets......at least they haven't since the IA has been around.

Gotcha. I always get those two guys confused. I really only know what one of them looks like.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Bunk, awesome pictures, sir. If you don't mind, I'm going to snag that one on final to the carrier and use it as my desktop pic. Best of luck to you as an IP, sir.

Good motivation. The day stuff rocks. It's been about 4 years since my last night landing and those don't rock. My cohorts who fly to the boat at night, will I'm sure, agree.

Good motivation. The day stuff rocks. It's been about 4 years since my last night landing and those don't rock. My cohorts who fly to the boat at night, will I'm sure, agree.

Awsome pictures, starting the RAG in a few months, if you have more motivational pictures I'd love to see them.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Yeah, Night traps suck, But Night CATS are worse...

MasterBates

I thought CODs did not do night trap/cats? Or just no PAX @ night?

Anyways, congrats Bunk, If my Scam-Fu is powerful enough, I may be trapping SOMETHING on the boat in a couple years.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I'm an idiot. I guess I just assumed COD guys went through advanced with the P-3 guys, since they are both turbo-props. My dad told me that back in the day P-3 guys could do a tour as a COD guy, do they still do this? I thought he told me it was an awesome deal because it counted as a disassociated sea tour (sp?) and you got to fly.

One other thing, I hear people always talking about how good of a lifestyle COD guys have (a major selling point), but is the flying fun? Awesome pic of the fantail by the way.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I can think of one E-6 guy who just checked in on the TW1 side as well and 2 P-3 types. One is a sim instructor and reserve type, the other is active duty.