• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid questions about Naval Aviation (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phrogpilot73

Do you have a picture?

om_04.jpg

It's bad.
Yes, yes it is...

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
Question....

When it comes time for carrier planes to return to shore at the end of a cruise do they deflate their tires prior to launch? Or are their tires still at the super-inflated boat levels?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Boat to shore & Shore to Boat: Carrier Pressure.
Shore to Shore: Shore pressure.

-ea6bflyr ;)

0311Aggie

Marine Air

I'm brand new here, and just finished reading the entire stupid questions thread over the last few evenings... learned a hell of a lot about the Air side of things, not to mention got a few good laughs... so first of all, thank you to all the experienced for helping out the boots.

My question (hope this is the right place for it): Besides the obvious differences in mission, what are the most significant differences in lifestyle, promotion/career track, and optempo between Navy and Marine Corps tactical air careers?

I ask because I plan on applying to both USMC OCC/pilot and a Navy SNA slot.

In Pursuit

pilot
I don't know, I think the Service Dress Blue Yankee has it beat:

om_11.jpg

It has Captain Stubing written all over it. The shorts are bad too.

I've only seen this hideous uni combo once in my Naval career. Back in Primary Jets in Meridian our sister squadron, VT-9, had a "mandatory fun" squadron function that all the IPs and coneheads had to wear this. Needless to say, it was good to be a "Frog" that night....

Flyboylance

New VR FTS select
pilot
That uniform is terrible. I saw it on the uniform regs and hadn't ever seen it before. Didn't even know it was real.. What is it's real use?

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
I actually think bozo looks worse. Both are pretty heinous though. Still, I'd probably rather wear them both then blue cammies.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That uniform is terrible. I saw it on the uniform regs and hadn't ever seen it before. Didn't even know it was real.. What is it's real use?

I believe to provide a service dress option in warmer climes.

Status
Not open for further replies.