• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Patrick Ciullo

Does anyone here have a history of ADHD and passed NAMI and didn't get the NAMI Whammy? I'm curious about the experience, or if anyone knows someone who has gone through it. MEPS passed me without a waiver(medically qualified to apply for aviation), despite my history of ADHD( diagnosed 4.5 years ago, stopped medication 4 years ago). I found this surprising because I thought any history of ADHD would automatically disqualify me and necessitate a waiver. I'm hoping that NAMI will follow a similar path. Is it recommended to see a psychologist and get retested?
This is relieving to hear did you did you ever have an 504 plan or anything I did when I was younger finishing engineering degree now never needed meds and haven’t been on 504 in over 4 years

For those who already went to OCS what percentage of your class was maxing out the PRT?
The IST was harder to max out because candios counted and then staff could take away reps. Once you got to the mid and out PFAs you could count the good ole navy fleet way. I scored outstanding med for both my mid and out PFAs, a lot of people hit max-max-relax for pushups, planks, then run, respectively. I’d say like 70% ish. The run is what really got people.

Y-sky

SWO select
Can a recent OCS graduate please confirm if we need to purchase prepaid phone cards to make authorized 10-minute calls home, or if the phones are free? TY

no_more_nuke_life

If my dependent does not feel comfortable letting me take her Original Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, & Passport to provide to OCS for entry into DEERS, will my Marriage Certificate be good enough to ensure I still get BAH? --coming in as a civilian

number9

Contributor
If my dependent does not feel comfortable letting me take her Original Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, & Passport to provide to OCS for entry into DEERS, will my Marriage Certificate be good enough to ensure I still get BAH? --coming in as a civilian
Is she born in the U.S.? If so, just get a new birth certificate from your town or state. I don't think it needs to be "the original one from when you were born", but rather "an authentic one that is not a photocopy".

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Last I checked, official documents were needed

Can a recent OCS graduate please confirm if we need to purchase prepaid phone cards to make authorized 10-minute calls home, or if the phones are free? TY
You need one, but you won’t be able to use the phones until the weekend after passing RLP. They sell them at the NEX, a trick would be to buy 1 when you first go to the NEX (should be right before RLP). They’re almost always gone right when phone privileges are beginning to open.

The documents don’t have to be original, but they have to be certified. Meaning, you can’t just make copies and bring them. However, be prepared for STUCON to tell you she’s going to have to priority ship them. STUCON gets what STUCON needs, otherwise you won’t get BAH and she won’t be recognized as a dependent in the eyes of the Navy.