• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Superbowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Sweet. I have been waiting 11 years for this game. (Since 1995 Pitt. vs. Dallas)

Go Stillers. Too bad I had to babysit a drunk and keep him from drowning in his own puke for the second half of the game.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
I was listening right at the end of the game, and John Madden was talking about all the "big plays for Pittsburgh." Except for the Randle-El option pass, every "big Pittsburgh play" he mentioned was one of the aforementioned lapses in officiating. Pretty indicative.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
bennett4362 said:
Final score: Seattle 24, Pittsburgh 14!

Even better ... and more correct. I guess I put too much whiskey in my latte while doing the arithmetic ... ALOHA!

AND TOMORROW ....... we'll still have Nordstrom's and Starbuck's .... now what the hell will Pittsburgh have ... ??? Ho-ho-ho-ho-ho..........

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
That was one of the dullest football games I've ever seen.

/football season ended 1/4

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
If you hear about a guy that was found dead in his bathtub with a toaster wearing a hawks jersey, that was me. ;) maybe next year. At least they got to a super bowl, that was a start. Goodnight fellow seattleites.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
metro said:
I was listening right at the end of the game, and John Madden was talking about all the "big plays for Pittsburgh." Except for the Randle-El option pass, every "big Pittsburgh play" he mentioned was one of the aforementioned lapses in officiating. Pretty indicative.

What about Willie Parker's 75-yard TD run?

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Thisguy said:
What about Willie Parker's 75-yard TD run?

Whoops. Stand corrected. Left that record-setting run out...:D

The interception was more insult than injury, the sacks weren't really that big compared to the called-back touchdown, called-back 2-yd line reception, and the miscalled Roethlisberger TD, and as for 3-and-outs, I hardly call a 3-and-out a "big play" in the singular sense.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
metro said:
Whoops. Stand corrected. Left that record-setting run out...:D

The interception was more insult than injury, the sacks weren't really that big compared to the called-back touchdown, called-back 2-yd line reception, and the miscalled Roethlisberger TD, and as for 3-and-outs, I hardly call a 3-and-out a "big play" in the singular sense.

You've got to be kidding me. "Miscalled" TD? You are fcking blind. That was a TD, no bones about it.

Yes, Seattle got screwed out of the "push off" TD, but it was more than a one-TD game. Perhaps if they recruited a kicker worth a damn they would have made a game of it.

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
I'll admitt it, I was worried that Ben didn't didn't get in too. And I was born a Steelers fan (my dad wanted to name me Chuck Knoll, but my mom would've killed him). Small plays I can see people picking at, but in the Superbowl on a TD play, thats reviewed by the boys upstairs, I bet they had pretty solid proof to say it was a TD. It wasn't just some ref saying "F*ck it, give it to 'em."

Now the called back TD pass should have been a more suspect call, (not nesacarrily the wrong call, but more suspect). I'll give you that, but they've been bad all post-season. (Polamalu's Indy interception being overturned anyone?) They did however apologize for that the next day, it'll be interesting to see what happens with that. And not every play the Steelers had was off of bad officiating, as pointed out before.

Speaking of Polamalu, I'm surprised he wasn't as big a factor in the game as he was. I mean, I know he has ankel problmes, but he's normally in like every freakin play. The play where they crisscrossed and caught him looking, for a TD was a good play, even for the saehawsk.

Amazed I can spell Polamalu while being this drunk, not once but twixe: Priceless.

Focker. Out.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
The refs calls are always more glaring when you lose, but they're rarely the sole reason for a loss. Seattle had plenty of chances to win this game...I mean, the Steelers didn't have a first down in the first quarter.

How do you have a guy like Alexander rush for a record 28 TDs in the regular season then have the quietest 95 yards ever? Simple, the Seahawks play in the NFC West (Cardinals, and Niners, and Rams, oh my!)

If I'm gloating, it's because the last time the Steelers won a Super Bowl, I was four months old.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
squeeze said:
You've got to be kidding me. "Miscalled" TD? You are fcking blind. That was a TD, no bones about it.....

Oh, squeeze, squeeze, squeeze ... you really ARE a Marine, aren't you ??? :)

Definition from the NFL rule book @ NFL.com:

# 31. Touchdown: When any part of the ball, legally in possession of a player inbounds, breaks the plane of the opponent's goal line, provided it is not a touchback. (note: that means any part of the ball crosses the goal line --- not part of the player's helmet ... and then wiggle the ball across the line on your chest after you are downed ... all the while being caught on video from the left sideline)

Oh, well, what the hell. It's just a game. Next year ??? Sleepless in Seattle ................... :sleep_125

HueyCobra8151

pilot
A) The Roethlisberger TD wasn't miscalled: If any part of the ball crosses or touches the plane of the end zone, it's a TD. When he first dove the tip of the ball plainly hit the plane of the end zone. It was close, but it was in.

Edit: To refute the picture above: When he landed his helmet was on the line, clearly not the ball. However, the ball crossed the plane while he was still in the air.

B) As for crying about the "push-off" TD, here is a question, would the receiver have caught the ball if he didn't push-off? Maybe, Maybe not. All the space he had to catch it was gained because he had his hand on the defensive player. You don't have to knock the guy over for that penalty to be called, it is exactly what it is called: a push-off, and that is what the receiver did.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
HueyCobra8151 said:
B) As for crying about the "push-off" TD, here is a question, would the receiver have caught the ball if he didn't push-off? Maybe, Maybe not. All the space he had to catch it was gained because he had his hand on the defensive player. You don't have to knock the guy over for that penalty to be called, it is exactly what it is called: a push-off, and that is what the receiver did.

It also didn't help Microsoft's...er...the Seahawks cause that the backjudge was standing RIGHT THERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.