• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Superbowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
HueyCobra8151 said:
A) The Roethlisberger TD wasn't miscalled: If any part of the ball crosses or touches the plane of the end zone, it's a TD. .....

steelers_plays_020506.jpg

I guess I just have to give up on this one .... see the white line in the picture ??? It's the goal line. He's down. The play is over. His helmet is just barely touching the goal line. He scooted in on his chest after he was .... down.

Trust me ... we've seen all angles on the slo-mo replay here on the Seattle TV stations .... :sleep_125

A4s ... OUT ... until next year.

A4s pic doesn't really show where the ball is at either, the ball was tucked high and up near Ben's chest, you can kinda see that seahawk player tryin to grab it, indicating it might have broken the plane...all in all, that TD was sketchy as hell.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
HueyCobra8151 said:
Wow, your picture taken AFTER the play was over is really conclusive...

sbxl_roethlisberger_td_L_62395.jpg
steelers_plays_020506.jpg

Why you sassy, sassy Cobra driver you .... you .... you .... :) .... your pix was taken BEFORE mine. He (the ball) got stopped in front of the goal line.

Game/set/match. The 'Hawks still should have played better --- then no excuses or "re-do's".

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I agree that the Hawks outplayed the Steelers.

But they had terrible clock management and they simply didn't capitalize on their forced turnovers.

(That attachment I added to the post above really shows it well. The ball is maybe an inch or two behind the goal line, but you figure he is still moving forward at that point.)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
At least all the post-game riots will be in Pittsburgh. They'll sustain all the damage and destruction from the post-game party boys ... wait: There's nothing in Pittsburgh worth destroying. :)

I'm exhausted. I'm old. You're pickin' on me.

A4s ... OUT. Again .....

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
A4sForever said:
At least all the post-game riots will be in Pittsburgh. They'll sustain all the damage and destruction from the post-game party boys ... wait: There's nothing in Pittsburgh worth destroying. :)

I'm exhausted. I'm old. You're pickin' on me.

A4s ... OUT. Again .....
You forget A4s most of the Steeler fans are in Detroit. Pillage and plunder there instead of at home. As for the touchdown call all the ball has to do is to break the plane of the goal line and it clearly did that. The Seachickens got what they deserved.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
JIMC5499 said:
You forget A4s most of the Steeler fans are in Detroit. Pillage and plunder there instead of at home. As for the touchdown call all the ball has to do is to break the plane of the goal line and it clearly did that. The Seachickens got what they deserved.
Not to belabor the point, but here's my analysis. From the replay angle taken at the goal line, it really isn't clear whether the ball crosses the plane or not. You can probably assume that it does, but the ball is just not in view because of how it's being held at the moment of greatest forward progress as Roethlisberger is contacted by the defender, pushing him backwards (back and to the right...back and to the right). In the absence of indisputable evidence from the replay, the official has to go with the ruling made on the field - hence the touchdown. Now, I'm a Seattle fan and I think in reality, the ball most likely didn't cross the plane, but given what the official had to work with, he made the right call.

Brett

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
Now, I'm a Seattle fan and I think in reality, the ball most likely didn't cross the plane, but given what the official had to work with, he made the right call.

I'm a fan of neither team, so my ruling stands. Touchdown. Of course, since touchdowns aren't worth 11 points, it doesn't matter.

Same song and dance as the bitter Cubs fans blaming that dude for catching that fly ball that could've been an out. Oh, you mean your team went on to forfeit 8 more runs? Ya... shutup and lose with some dignity (Leinhart, I'm looking at you.)

/encompassing multiple sports/leagues in one post.

Crowbar

None
squeeze said:
You've got to be kidding me. "Miscalled" TD? You are fcking blind. That was a TD, no bones about it.

HueyCobra8151 said:
A) The Roethlisberger TD wasn't miscalled

Edit: All in fun, fellas. Besides, college football is the only football worth fighting over...

compromise.jpg

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
Right on. Football season's over now. Spring training begins. All I gotta say is:

LETS GO BUCS!!! Pirates going to the World Series!! Come on, this is the year of DA' BURGH! WOOO HOOO!!! (feel free to laugh and throw bricks at me now)

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
BurghGuy said:
Right on. Football season's over now. Spring training begins. All I gotta say is:

LETS GO BUCS!!! Pirates going to the World Series!! Come on, this is the year of DA' BURGH! WOOO HOOO!!! (feel free to laugh and throw bricks at me now)
Damn BurghGuy you must have gotten some of that Iron City that was made during the leak at the drug plant upriver from the brewery. I thought they recalled all of that batch. It was said to cause halucinations and delusions of grandeur. I hope the Bucs just break .500 this year. I just want to go to the All Star Game in July.

BigRed389

None
Brett327 said:
Not to belabor the point, but here's my analysis. From the replay angle taken at the goal line, it really isn't clear whether the ball crosses the plane or not. You can probably assume that it does, but the ball is just not in view because of how it's being held at the moment of greatest forward progress as Roethlisberger is contacted by the defender, pushing him backwards (back and to the right...back and to the right). In the absence of indisputable evidence from the replay, the official has to go with the ruling made on the field - hence the touchdown. Now, I'm a Seattle fan and I think in reality, the ball most likely didn't cross the plane, but given what the official had to work with, he made the right call.

Brett

I agree, but Seattle most definitely got screwed on just about every call made in the game.

They pretty much got robbed of one TD with a pretty flaky offensive "pass interference" call.
Then there was that bullet from near their 40 or so that would've been first and goal, except I recall another pretty flaky call put that one back to the start, which then resulted in a sack the next play, forcing a punt after that.

Then there was another call which was overturned on a challenge, when some ref thought the QB had fumbled the ball, when in fact he had been hit, and landed with both elbows before losing the ball.

Honestly, I think Seattle played a better game. I don't care about either team, it was honestly just pretty F-ed up that the Super Bowl had what really appeared to be a hefty bias against one team.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
If y'all really want to talk about baseball, again, there is only one team worth talking about. It's Da Cubs. That's right, I said it. Chicago all the way baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.