• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 09 NOV 20

GoNavy123

It's insane how there is very little is know about the results release process during COVID. Every board is processed differently it seems like depending on designator. If you looked at the AUG SWO Board, they didn't get their results until October. I am 100% assuming now that we will be following the same timeline and the results won't be released until first week or two of January. I do not think there will be any time allocated for personnel who want to put in another package even for AD. As the previous posts allure, the recruiters know as little as we do which is aggravating but not surprising. Tricky waters we've navigated this year and I hope for a better one to follow. Use this time to review your package and look for ways to improve in case you need to submit again. Crack a cold one and welcome in a better year of growth personally and professionally. Cheers everyone and a happy new year to you all.

NevarYalnal

Keep in mind there's a 6 month waiting period between applications to the same designator anyway unless you had some material change to your application. Most people with a package at the Oct board would not be able to apply to the Feb board even if you heard back before the deadline.

Nwerner2011

I don't know if this means anything to anyone for upcoming boards or if they'll start selecting for FY22 already.

Attachments

• DCO, GENOFF, NUKE Dashboard 29 DEC 20.pdf
    242.9 KB · Views: 103

exNavyOffRec

I don't know if this means anything to anyone for upcoming boards or if they'll start selecting for FY22 already.

They have already been selecting for FY 22, or should I say they were selecting for FY 21 but have been filling FY 22 spots, trying to remember some of the dates people were putting with their OCS dates and many were 4-5 months deep into FY 22.

Covid and OCS reducing, increasing, then reducing class sizes and messed things up.

It could be a bumpy ride for the next several boards, more so if a person has a waiver.

tuckerjames

After graduating Loyola University of Maryland with a degree in Information Systems (2019) then taking my last OAR, getting my medical approved by MEPS and finally submitting my full package, this process has taken me 1 year and seven months. The process is broken!! Good luck to anyone who is new to applying!

Check out this link... "despite the coronavirus pandemic upending its recruiting efforts, the Navy has exceeded its retention targets for the fiscal year 2020 and will now reduce its ranks in overmanned ratings."

Ih8mud

After graduating Loyola University of Maryland with a degree in Information Systems (2019) then taking my last OAR, getting my medical approved by MEPS and finally submitting my full package, this process has taken me 1 year and seven months. The process is broken!! Good luck to anyone who is new to applying!

Check out this link... "despite the coronavirus pandemic upending its recruiting efforts, the Navy has exceeded its retention targets for the fiscal year 2020 and will now reduce its ranks in overmanned ratings."

Welcome to the American government.

Nacks

I don't really post on here (this is my first), but I've been checking often. The process has been tough and we are all ready to hear about selection and move on with our lives. A year and seven months...wow. But, like I think someone else alluded to before, it might help to think of this as a test. A test to remain cool and to control our emotions and anxiety at times of uncertainty. Or, for those of us who don't end up getting selected, a test of perseverance, for how badly we really want this. Qualities I want in my fellow SWOs.

Just to clarify the post, I could be wrong, but I think it has to do with enlisted ratings, not officers. And it only applies to those enlisted between 2007 and 2016. Sources:

Last edited:

Capt_Marvel

SWO PRO-REC Y
Very glad I found AW as it’s comforting to know there are others going through this same crazy process. I began the process in FEB 2020 and submitted my first package to the April 2020 board, which was canceled and merged with the AUG 2020 board. We didn't receive results until after the deadline for the NOV board and I was ProRec-N. My OR informed me that a 1-week extension was given for this board due to the late release of results, so I resubmitted (or so my OR and I thought). Turns out my name isn't on the NOV 2020 at board list. OR isn't quite sure what happened and he hasn't gotten a solid answer from NRC but he believes my package was rolled to FEB 21. I'm essentially waiting for the NOV results to be released so I have confirmation that I'll be waiting longer for the FEB 21 board lol. A small part of me is still holding out hope that my package was seen at the NOV board.

It has been a long and tedious process but like @GoNavy123 said in a previous post -- welcome in a better year of growth personally and professionally! This year is the perfect reminder that we can't control what happens, but we can control how we respond. I would encourage everyone to check out "DoD Reads" if you haven't already. There is a Navy reading list which includes books of all topics from organizational leadership to military history to individual psychology. It definitely has helped me pass the time and remain motivated during these unprecedented times. Happy New Year y'all! Wishing everyone the best.

exNavyOffRec

I don't really post on here (this is my first), but I've been checking often. The process has been tough and we are all ready to hear about selection and move on with our lives. A year and seven months...wow. But, like I think someone else alluded to before, it might help to think of this as a test. A test to remain cool and to control our emotions and anxiety at times of uncertainty. Or, for those of us who don't end up getting selected, a test of perseverance, for how badly we really want this. Qualities I want in my fellow SWOs.

Just to clarify the post, I could be wrong, but I think it has to do with enlisted ratings, not officers. And it only applies to those enlisted between 2007 and 2016. Sources:
correct this is for enlisted.

exNavyOffRec

So why did it take you 1 year and 7 months? I can tell you that it in no way takes that long to get to a board, hell I could get a person into MEPS, PQ letter from N3M and submitted to NRC in just a month, and before a PQ letter was required I could do it in just a few days.

fsumst92

So why did it take you 1 year and 7 months? I can tell you that it in no way takes that long to get to a board, hell I could get a person into MEPS, PQ letter from N3M and submitted to NRC in just a month, and before a PQ letter was required I could do it in just a few days.
I can kind of understand that people get hung out to dry for no reason and when you ask questions people will either make it seem like its your fault that things didn't work out and later on find out you just got screwed over. I fought to get interviews/ medical appointments/ and to get a conditional release sent to PERS for about 5-6 months. Things only changed when I started calling people myself and figuring out who can sign what. civilians may not know who to call if they are getting screwed over by late and incomplete information.