• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 09 NOV 20

Rayz551

Don't feel bad everyone that didn't make it. We just have to study and get our OAR up. I'm a E6 going onto E7 next month, with 2 Masters, and I still didn't get selected. I'm thinking it was the OAR because my was only a 42 first time taking it. So going to study and reapply!

"No matter the path, if we end up at the same destination we made it"

If we did get selected but don't ship till Sep or something, compare to we didn't get selected reapplied, and still ship Sep. At the end of the day it is the same results we made it.

Foreverghosty

Recruiter called me and confirmed I was selected. See you guys in the fleet. For those who weren’t keeping trying I wish you guys nothing but the best.

Burksnc

Thank you all for your support and I am happy for everyone who made it and I hope everyone who didnt make it keeps pushing and always improving.

exNavyOffRec

No worries! Have to get my OAR up. I posted my stats and am honestly a bit surprised and so was my recruiter but it'll all work out the way it's supposed to!

your OAR will allow you to reapply but the board really doesn't care about OAR, I am also surprised you were a No, did you have any waivers? I had a candidate with similar scores that was denied the first time, due to the relationships I had built and NRC I called and on the phone they were surprised she wasn't picked up, so much so they moved her to the next board and didn't require anything to be redone, not even a reconsideration letter, and then she was picked up.

bigbhenn

your OAR will allow you to reapply but the board really doesn't care about OAR, I am also surprised you were a No, did you have any waivers? I had a candidate with similar scores that was denied the first time, due to the relationships I had built and NRC I called and on the phone they were surprised she wasn't picked up, so much so they moved her to the next board and didn't require anything to be redone, not even a reconsideration letter, and then she was picked up.
That’s interesting that they don’t care about OAR. What do they look at then?

exNavyOffRec

Don't feel bad everyone that didn't make it. We just have to study and get our OAR up. I'm a E6 going onto E7 next month, with 2 Masters, and I still didn't get selected. I'm thinking it was the OAR because my was only a 42 first time taking it. So going to study and reapply!

"No matter the path, if we end up at the same destination we made it"

If we did get selected but don't ship till Sep or something, compare to we didn't get selected reapplied, and still ship Sep. At the end of the day it is the same results we made it.
The OAR will allow you to reapply, it is your other info such as GPA that will get you selected, did you have any waivers at all? did you have a good GPA?

exNavyOffRec

That’s interesting that they don’t care about OAR. What do they look at then?
The actual professional items, your GPA, degree, then they might go to motivational statement when it comes to SWO, how in depth they go depends on how competitive the board is, in some cases a waiver will kill your chances right away, for instance when a designator is "yellow" they will not approve waivers.

smiller

I had 1 MEPS physical waiver but it was approved and I was PQd for officer selection. My recruiting office went through my entire package when they saw the results and they couldn’t even figure it out. They even went to look if anything came up in my security clearance and there was no issues there either. Everyone was shocked.

darths

Do you know how fit we should be for OCS? Like do we need to be able to do 100 push ups and pull ups? Or run 20 miles?

Rayz551

The OAR will allow you to reapply, it is your other info such as GPA that will get you selected, did you have any waivers at all? did you have a good GPA?
I had no waivers, currently AGR Guard, Low Undergrad 2.3, but two Masters, 3.5 and 3.7. Have 3 LORS and 3 Max Appraisals.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Do you know how fit we should be for OCS? Like do we need to be able to do 100 push ups and pull ups? Or run 20 miles?
Depends on age and sex but you don't do pull ups, and sit ups have been replaced with a plank (see attached PDF for your age bracket). OCS website says "successful" candidates can run 15 miles a week before arriving. Typically you're running 9 miles a week on average for PT.

Attachments

• Guide 5- Physical Readiness Test 2020.pdf
    382.9 KB · Views: 36

exNavyOffRec

I had 1 MEPS physical waiver but it was approved and I was PQd for officer selection. My recruiting office went through my entire package when they saw the results and they couldn’t even figure it out. They even went to look if anything came up in my security clearance and there was no issues there either. Everyone was shocked.
you seem like the same situation as the person I had, it could have just been an oversight, things happen.