• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Eyes have it - All things Vision-related

Emorg

Hello all,

I've been digging through this forum but have not been able to find an answer to my question so maybe someone can help.

Has anyone who failed the depth perception test at MEPS actually been able to improve or train their eyes such that they could eventually pass the NAMI or MEPS DP test? I failed the DP test at MEPS recently and want to know if there is a possibility to train my eyes to eventually pass the test. I’ve read plenty of examples of applicants consulting civilian doctors and getting a pilot billet but I have yet to see if any of those applicants were able to pass the DP test once they got to OCS. Are people in that situation actually able to train their depth perception to meet Navy standards or are they faking it until they make it?

I’ve scheduled an ophthalmologist appointment to answer this same question but maybe someone here can give some insight.

Thanks,

DJ9001

SNA select heading to OCS next month.

I have -1.25 astigmatism in both eyes.

Should I be concerned? I would have thought it’s an auto disqualification, but some comments I’ve been reading suggest otherwise.

Mouselovr

Contributor
Yes, and based on the documents I have found I would be disqualified.

However, a few comments throughout this site suggested there might be hope.
I'm -1.25 in my L eye. R is a little better.
You'll be fine. Its not even a waiver. You'll have to wear corrective lenses in the plane.