• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Eyes have it - All things Vision-related

jjohnson87

Good evening,
I have searched the forum for this and can’t find the answer but I apologize if this question has already been asked. I understand lasik and PRK are waiverable. However if wanting to fly Jets does it matter if you have LASIK since it involves cutting your eye and sealing it back. I have read that in the past there were concerns with G force exposer and the eye being damaged from the flap unsealing and moving. Does anybody know if this will hold be back from getting a Jet spot? Thank you for any information you can give me

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good evening,
I have searched the forum for this and can’t find the answer but I apologize if this question has already been asked. I understand lasik and PRK are waiverable. However if wanting to fly Jets does it matter if you have LASIK since it involves cutting your eye and sealing it back. I have read that in the past there were concerns with G force exposer and the eye being damaged from the flap unsealing and moving. Does anybody know if this will hold be back from getting a Jet spot? Thank you for any information you can give me
No platform restrictions from either PRK or LASIK.

Mouselovr

Contributor
concerns with G force exposer and the eye being damaged from the flap unsealing and moving.
I told the flight surgeon at my LASIK consult I was concerned as I play contact sports.
He explained unless you’re involved with MMA or boxing with no head gear, there aren’t any activities that frequently cause issues. It’s the direct impact to the eye at high speed/force with a blunt object (fist) that causes problems.
G forces were never mentioned or a concern.

I know plenty of LASIK/PRK folks who went on to fly jets.

Also, if there was issue with Gs and LASIK, they’d have to ban people from the T6

Last edited: