• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There was also that whole USN/USAF joint engine thing too, the F100 I think? It was supposed to be for the Tomcat and Eagle? I also remember reading once how Gen. Chappie James wanted the F-14 as an interceptor for Air Defense Command.

It was the F101 Deriative Fighter Engine Program (used core from B-1 engine) and the products ended up in the F-14 Tomcat as the F110 and also yielded deriatives for the F15 and F-16.

HJ, those videos suck! No disrespect but my God that pisses me off. I would love nothing more than to have one of our former Tomcat drivers flying the Rhino splash one of the grease ball looking crews flying our airplanes! Those have to be what, bloc 30's? No IRST or TCS. How the hell does the AWG-9 still work? Mr. Grumman himself should be rolling in his grave! Plus, because of them how many of our F-14's had to be DRMO'd? Every Tomcat book out there now has to show them being torn apart so the freak'n Iranians can't update theirs. I had to vent, I miss my airplane.

So it goes...(apologies to Kurt)

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
hornethangar.jpg

02/02/2010
HORNET HANGAR
U.S. Navy sailors work on an F/A-18 Super Hornet aboard the aircraft carrier USS Harry S. Truman in the Atlantic Ocean, Jan. 29, 2010. The Truman is under way conducting a sustainment exercise. U.S. Navy photo by Petty Officer 3rd Class Justin Smelley

Alpha_Echo_606

Contributor
RaptorRush.jpg

02/05/2010
RAPTOR RUSH
U.S. Air Force Maj. David Skalicky flies an F-22 Raptor with the Raptor Demonstration Team over Langley Air Force Base, Va., Feb. 3, 2010. U.S. Air Force photo by Senior Airman Zachary Wolf

Loadmasterslandscape.jpg

02/04/2010
LOADMASTER'S LANDSCAPE
U.S. Air Force Tech. Sgt. Kevin Owen sits on the ramp of a C-17 Globemaster III aircraft while flying over the mountains of Afghanistan after an airdrop mission, Feb. 2, 2010. Owen is a loadmaster assigned to the 816th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron. The aircraft's crew dropped 34 container bundles to an undisclosed base in Afghanistan as part of a combat resupply mission. U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Angelita Lawrence

Alpha_Echo_606

Contributor
Risingwiththesun.jpg

Rising with the sun
While piloting an F-16 Fighting Falcon, Capt. Craig Phelps takes off into the morning sky Feb. 3, 2010, during an exercise at Misawa Air Base, Japan. (U.S. Air Force photo/Senior Airman Jamal D. Sutter)

Readytogo.jpg

Ready to go
Maj. Tom Hunt, a pilot from the 67th Fighter Squadron, takes off from Hyakuri Air Base, Japan, Feb. 1, 2010. Almost 100 Kadena Air Base Airmen are operating alongside their Japanese counterparts for the week to enhance the interoperability of the two nation's air forces for the common defense of Japan. (U.S. Air Force photo/1st Lt. Bryan Bouchard)

OperationEnduringFreedom.jpg

Operation Enduring Freedom
A B-1B Lancer aircrew, assigned to the 37th Expeditionary Bomb Squadron, takes off for the last mission of their six-month deployment Jan. 23, 2010, at an air base in Southwest Asia. (U.S. Air Force photo/Staff Sgt. Manuel J. Martinez)

Lookingforafight.jpg

Looking for a 'fight'
F-16 Fighting Falcon "Aggressors" fly over the Joint Pacific Alaska Range Complex during Red Flag-Alaska Oct. 8, 2009 at Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska. (U.S. Air Force photo/Staff Sgt. Christopher Boitz)

Alpha_Echo_606

Contributor
4271650007_eda36786f6.jpg

An F-22 Raptor aircraft assigned to the 90th Fighter Squadron out of Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska, lands on Andersen Air Force Base, Guam, Jan. 13, 2010. The Raptor is one of fifteen from Elmendorf that are forward deployed to Guam to maintain a continuous bomber presence in the Pacific region. (DoD photo by Airman 1st Class Julian North, U.S. Navy/Released)

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

An F-22 Raptor aircraft assigned to the 90th Fighter Squadron out of Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska, lands on Andersen Air Force Base, Guam, Jan. 13, 2010. The Raptor is one of fifteen from Elmendorf that are forward deployed to Guam to maintain a continuous bomber presence in the Pacific region. (DoD photo by Airman 1st Class Julian North, U.S. Navy/Released)

Interesting..that's probably the first one I've seen with drop tanks

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor

What is a "continuous bomber presence?" F-22s are forward deployed strike craft?

markkyle66

F/A-18F out at Cecil Commerce Center (I cringe saying that considering I watched Hornets/Vikings fly there as a little guy when it was the Master Jet Base)
Traylor Family Pictures 2007-2009 079.jpg

brownshoe

Contributor
F/A-18F out at Cecil Commerce Center (I cringe saying that considering I watched Hornets/Vikings fly there as a little guy when it was the Master Jet Base)
View attachment 11053

You think you're old! (If that's what you're trying to say.:)) Busybee, Derf, Corkyboy and I worked there during the 60's in VA-44. There's a thread here about 44, if you're interested. Lots of old photos with really good looking Sailors :icon_wink and sexy A-4's. :)
Steve

Alpha_Echo_606

Contributor
TwoGermanTornados.jpg

GAF FTC commemorates 55,555 flight hours
Two German Tornados, one specially painted to commemorate the event, fly over the German air force Flying Training Center at Holloman Air Force Base, N.M. Oct. 13, 2009, on the way to achieving the 55,555th flight hourin a Tornado. Col. Peter Klement, German air force Flying Training Center commander and Col. Jeff Harrigian, 49th Fighter Wing commander, were flying the painted Tornado. (U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Veronica Stamps)

Status
Not open for further replies.