• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Growler Gallery

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
How can you not love this community patch?

F18GshkrRed.jpg

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Since he probably hasn't been cleared for a present position...I'll tug the thread. I love getting cleared for takeoff by ground:icon_tong
I vote for you guys to stop using the term "Cross-country". In a helo, it's more like "Cross-state".:D

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I vote for you guys to stop using the term "Cross-country". In a helo, it's more like "Cross-state".:D

Come on, I made it all the way to Nashville on my cross country! I think flying from North Island to Whiting constitutes a cross country as well....but you could probably drive it just as fast!

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Come on, I made it all the way to Nashville on my cross country! I think flying from North Island to Whiting constitutes a cross country as well....but you could probably drive it just as fast!

Not to mention my turboweenie CCX didn't even take us outside the state of Texas.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I saw a lot of guys walking around with the Shocker patches at Hook, but didn't notice the "2+1" bolts 'til now. Tasteless and offensive...I likes.

So how's Prowlerland feel in general about picking up the lightning bugs? Excited to be getting airplanes built in this century? Resigned sigh that they're going to be lumped in with the rest of the FAGs? What?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I saw a lot of guys walking around with the Shocker patches at Hook, but didn't notice the "2+1" bolts 'til now. Tasteless and offensive...I likes.

So how's Prowlerland feel in general about picking up the lightning bugs? Excited to be getting airplanes built in this century? Resigned sigh that they're going to be lumped in with the rest of the FAGs? What?

The best kind of patch! :D

As someone who is on the outside now, I think it is great. The guts are going to matter a lot more than the outside, and the plane gives us a lot more capabilities when it comes to our mission. Think of it as all the best of a Prowler on steroids with some Wild Weasel/Iron Hand to go along with it. They haven't even scratched the surface of what the plane could do, it will be an excellent addition to our inventory. Makes you wonder why the USAF just seems to be ignoring EA, at their peril I suspect.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Not to mention my turboweenie CCX didn't even take us outside the state of Texas.

That sucks, we made it all the way to Denver in 3 legs. You could probably pull off wicked cross countries in the T-6, I know my buddy at vance came back to Pensacola.