• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Growler Gallery

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You want to impress me? Land and take a shit. That'll impress me. ;)

When you do that in a jet, yet get the callsign "DOOKIE" and it leaves a mess in the jet. :eek:

I get your point....you HELO guys can also land and ask for directions. :D

-ea6bflyr ;)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Word on the street down here is that VT-86 (NFOs) are no longer selecting Prowlers and are getting the Growler now.

Richard,
There is no truth to that rumor...I am at VT-86. Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.

-ea6bflyr ;)

phrogpilot73

I get your point....you HELO guys can also land and ask for directions. :D
Or pull into a hover and read street signs... ;)

One of the best quotes I ever heard while trying to poke into an airfield under the weather: "Sir, I think you were supposed to stop at that red light."

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
hmmm...apparently I must have been one of the last guys to select in July. Word up here is that the RAG will start in April with it being all Prowler pilots and NFOs and maybe one Cat 1 per class. Thats about the most consistent thing I've heard.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Speakin' of Prowlers/Growlers .... 4 of 'em .... count 'em .... FOUR F'in A-18's .. (Growlers??) just took off from NUW, joined up in a running rdvs, and headed east ...

I'm gonna guess FA-18's ... ?? Oceana ??? Anyway ... they weren't joined up by Smith Island ... :D

"We" ALWAYS were ... :D

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Do we have anybody on here flying the Shocker yet? For a little while I was pretty set on that as my first choice...these days, I don't know what will go on my selection sheet, but I'm still waiting for API so that's a ways down the road. And really, I'll be fine with whatever I end up with. But...any G pilots on AW?

badger16

None
What is the set up going to be in the squadrons once the Growler gets into the fleet? How many A/C per squadron and how many ECMOs and Pilots?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What is the set up going to be in the squadrons once the Growler gets into the fleet? How many A/C per squadron and how many ECMOs and Pilots?

There was another thread about this a while back and IIRC the Growler squadrons will have 6 aircraft. So, if they stick to the Navy standard of 1.5 aircrew per jet, it should be about 9 pilots and 9 ECMO/WSOs. Current manning for Prowler squadrons is about 6 pilots and 18 ECMOs.

-ea6bflyr ;)