• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Guardian

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Am I insane to think that the Guardian was a damn good movie? I almost want to enlist and be a rescue swimmer...maybe not. Ashton really did a good job in it and I would recommend seeing it.

mts4602

I'm going to see it tonight. Been wanting to see it since I first saw thet trailer. According to the paper it's not very good, though I don't think critics would ever give a military movie good reviews unless it's got Tom Hanks in it or something.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
the Navy bar thing was pretty bad.... other than that, I didn't really buy into the whole "love" part of the movie... but that's a given.

On the whole, the action scenes were very well done, and the movie was good overall.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I want my 15.00 back....gimme a damn break. The first hour and 45 minutes was great...the last 20 or so...were total crap. "I'll never let go...":rolleyes:

Not to take anything away from those guys...serious heroes. And the first 80% of the flick are great...wait till video.

Read one of the main guys in it-one of the 'rescue swimmer trainees'-is actually a real CG swimmer...Great show; went in thinking it'd be the 'Top Gun' for the Coast Guard--didn't disappoint.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
I think half of the actors in the movie were actually active Coast Guardies (must have been cheap actors).

As for the bar scene, I was under the impression that it is usually rare to see enlistedmen and officers in the same bar. Remember that big, fat Captain?

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
As for the bar scene, I was under the impression that it is usually rare to see enlistedmen and officers in the same bar.

Depends on where you are, as there are more CBQs now-a-days and even less bar options when you start pulling into ports in the sand box...and done right, can be a great morale boost on a long cruise for your guys to see you at the bar for a bit...use a little of your saved up $$ to buy your MO/Chief a beer and give praise where praise is due (toasts, etc.)

/threadjack

Fetter

I thought the movie was done well. It seems like they could have cut A LOT of scenes out that weren't entirely necessary. What I really don't understand is why Costner's character had to take his glove off at the end. Sure, the cable is about to break and it can't hold both their weight, yeah yeah. Couldn't the pilots just drop the two back in the water and chunk them a raft, come back with another chopper, hoist them up and happy ending? I guess that wouldn't have been dramatic enough.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Reviews indicated it was a big piece of formulaic cheese. Still going to see it but wish we'd get a good writer once for pete's sake.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Reviews indicated it was a big piece of formulaic cheese. Still going to see it but wish we'd get a good writer once for pete's sake.

Good thing I'm not a reviewer than if they hated it...I loved 5th Element...they hated that one too.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
I want my 15.00 back....gimme a damn break. The first hour and 45 minutes was great...the last 20 or so...were total crap. "I'll never let go...":rolleyes:

Not to take anything away from those guys...serious heroes. And the first 80% of the flick are great...wait till video.

You paid $15 for a movie? Where the hell do you live? Its only $7.50 in Jax.

Haven't seen The Guardian yet, but I saw Flyboys the other night and thought it was pretty good. The flying scenes were awesome.