• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Guardian

zuggerat

You paid $15 for a movie? Where the hell do you live? Its only $7.50 in Jax.

Haven't seen The Guardian yet, but I saw Flyboys the other night and thought it was pretty good. The flying scenes were awesome.

$15 isnt too much more than what I pay for 1!!! $10.25 on LI, NY = COMPLETE BULLSH!T, no movie is worth nearly $21 for me and my lady friend to see it, no movie. Even if God himself made a documentary about the JFK assination it wouldn't be worth $10.25 a ticket.

That's my rant... :icon_rage

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Heard positive word-of-mouth

At lots of Coast Guard units the crews went to the theater on Friday with tickets paid for through morale (I wasn't able to go, so I'll see it tonight). Most folks really enjoyed it, despite the cringe-inducing Hollywood stuff, and the few things that were not realistic. Lots of postive reviews from the pilots at my unit.

Sure, the critics are going to roll their eyes...sounds like there were cliches throughout, and most say it was about 20 mins too long. In a previous thread I gave a hard time to someone who said it was just like "Officer & a Gentleman" and "Men of Honor"...I owe them an apology.

Side note: The swimmers at my Air Station didn't want to go with the rest of the unit...thought we would give them a hard time throughout the flick. Of course, they were right.;)

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
I'll give a thumbs up on Flyboys. They acting was average but the flying scenes were great!

Uh...disagree? I almost fell asleep during anything that wasn't flying. As with every movie, the love story should just be omitted. Even as love stories go...gag. One of the worst I've seen. Girl was cute, though.

That, and I didn't realize that the entire Luftwaffe was equipped solely with Dr. 1's sporting Richthofen's paint scheme...

But yeah, at least the flying is fun to watch. Not nearly enough of it, though. That should have been the entire movie. Maybe the DVD will have an edit that features only the flight scenes.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Gas is at 1.99 a gallon in North Dakota. With gas that cheap I just leave the car running during flights! Doesn't it just make you want to live in an artic tundra? Plus, movies are only 7.50.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Wow, never thought I'd see the day when gas was below 2.00. Kinda cool, I suppose.

But, now that it's cheaper, Americans will forget how damaging expensive gas is for the economy and totally ignore alternative energy sources again, until it's back up above 3.00 per gallon. Then, of course, it's already too late.

All's right with the world as long as fossil fuels cheap, right?

robav8r

None
Contributor
Pretty good flick overall. Yes, I agree it was the Coast Guard version of "Top Gun", but you gotta love rescue swimmers who risk it all to save a life. So others may live.