• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Guardian

Lawman

None
10.50 for a movie..... Wow. We have a theatre near my folks that has leather couch type seating and a bar with multiple beers on tap and the tickets are 11. The beer isnt even that obscenely expensive, about compairable to a concert/sports event.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I saw it last night. I thought it was good, but not a lot of action. A lot of BS love story stuff. Also, I didnt like how personal the students got with the staff. Didnt aseem that professional. I liked the movie though

Stubby

Ask the Chief
At lots of Coast Guard units the crews went to the theater on Friday with tickets paid for through morale.
I remember my whole squadron (VP-19) taking the day off to see "Hunt for Red October" when it came out back in 1990.

I wanted to see "The Guardian" ever since I saw the reviews. I Saw that the critics hated it, but it's good to see that the majority of people here, who presumably have taists regarding military movies similar to my own liked it. I'll look forward to seeing it.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I saw the guardian last night and overall it was pretty good in my opinion. I thought the end was a little tooooo dramatic, but I thought the training montage was good at taking you out of the film for a few minutes and showing you the rawness of training, such as the push-ups for swearing in the locker. I was expecting Fischer to yell "I've got no place left to go!!" when he was being punished though.

Carno

Insane
Meh.. It doesn't seem that interesting to me, plus it has Ashton Kutcher in it.

I'll save my $5.50 for something else.

wrk

Man, that was a great movie. I really wasn't expecting much, since it got a 36% on rottontomatoes.com (Flyboys has a 30%). A lot of the reviews said it was too cliche, and yeah some of it was, but it was the kind of cliches that actually happen. Like the part where Kutcher's character is like "Oorah (whatever his name is) on three...one, two, three." Yeah it sounds cliche and stupid, but I KNOW PEOPLE WHO WOULD DO BULL**** LIKE THAT. All the aviation stuff seemed spot on too. Maybe it wasn't, but the lingo sounded right and they all sounded like pilots to me. Maybe my expectations were low, but I really enjoyed it.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Yeah it sounds cliche and stupid, but I KNOW PEOPLE WHO WOULD DO BULL**** LIKE THAT.

You need to find more friends.

No, I liked it...putting in my transfer package at the end of this tour in fact. Not because of the movie...but rather I want to live in Alaska. Oh, and helping people is cool too.

~D

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That, and I didn't realize that the entire Luftwaffe was equipped solely with Dr. 1's sporting Richthofen's paint scheme...

Simply done so the lesser informed audience can quickly tell the difference between the good guys and the bad guys during aerial combat. There were a dozen other errors and inconsistencies. Most done on purpose for good reasons. Lighten up Francis. It wasn't a documentary.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Seems to me that the general consensus was that it was pretty good... I'd have to go ahead and agree actually... I thorougly enjoyed it... I don't know about the coasties saying Oorah though.... *snarl*

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Seems to me that the general consensus was that it was pretty good... I'd have to go ahead and agree actually... I thorougly enjoyed it... I don't know about the coasties saying Oorah though.... *snarl*

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery...

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I remember my whole squadron (VP-19) taking the day off to see "Hunt for Red October" when it came out back in 1990.
When the book was on the best seller list I was an active duty recruiter. I bought about a dozen copies on my expense account. I then gave them away to some of my best prospects for NUPOC. Worked nicely, if I do say so.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator

The CG doesn't have any cool "Oorah" or "Hooah", except for folks who went to Navy Dive School and are part of the Coast Guard's dive program...they will throw out "Hooyah".

I think there might be a few lost souls who say Oorah. They deserve derision at best, a pimp slap at worst.

(Of course it could be the CG/Marine connection, where SM1 Munro enabled 500 Marines to be rescued):http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/pers-us/uspers-m/da-munro.htm

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think there might be a few lost souls who say Oorah. They deserve derision at best, a pimp slap at worst.

Reminds me of an API story.

Sitting in class, instructor is doing roll call... calls on a Marine, he answers with "YUT!"... everyone looks at him like he's a douchebag... his fellow Marines tell him to shut up and not do that again. I laughed so hard at that. :D