• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Guardian

xmid

pilot
Contributor
It was $.78 for regular at its lowest when I was in high school, and that was the gas station right outside of my neighborhood.

I liked The Guardian. I thought it was pretty well done for hollywood. Of course theres going to be some creative license, but if there wasn't nobody would go watch it other than the guys that actually do it. Documentaries just don't make money. I think it will be a boone to the CG, in much the same way as Hunt for Red October or Top Gun did for the Navy. It brought the focus to a service which largely goes overlooked... until you need them.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
You know the 9/10 of a penny...What the hell was that all about???

A4s?

~Too lazy to google.

It's still 9/10's of a penny. I think its their way of squeazing consumers for a little more, without them realizing it.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
You know the 9/10 of a penny...What the hell was that all about???

A4s?

~Too lazy to google.

Marketing ... pure and simple. I was told when I was young and we were switching from horses to horseless that the "gas wars" (I really can remember them - and experienced them) started it all. Others say it's also part of the Federal tax on a gallon -- ??? ... story problem example to follow.....

Two stations on opposite sides of the road. Which would you buy from :

Station "A" that sells for $1.99 9/10 per gallon ??

-or-

Station "B" that sells for $2.00 per gallon ??

The lowest price I ever personally pumped into my own vehicle was $ .26 --- and 9/10 --- per gallon.... no gas wars .... just the good 'ol days ... :)

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
It would have to be .26 a gallon, if there was to be a market for stuff like this:

Attachments

• 68-X.jpg
    68-X.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 15