• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The road to Austin goes through Beeville, Santa Gertrudis cows, and my new revolvers

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor

What a tragic waste of good men ...

a4battackdm4.jpg
Its tragic how little this war is talked about in history classes. I think the only in depth information I've seen on it has been from this site.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
MasterBates, break out that darn digital camera. This post needs pics of your guns.

Hey, if ya' get bored, take the guns and some food. Drive about 40 miles past the 4WD only sign on SPI beach. Shoot at the crabs. Then get liquored up and swim out as far as you can. Repeat. Then read (the next day) about how some guy caught a 9' and an 11' shark off the beach 42 miles past that same sign.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
... advisor to President Nixon and was President Ford's Ambassador to Great Britain....

And President Reagan, who tasked her with the re-establishment of the PFIAB (President's Foreign Intelligence Board) which had been "disestablished" by President Carter as "unnecessary". Ms. Armstrong selected an active duty Navy O-6, 1610, to manage the Board.

Ahhh, nice firearms! Be sure to update us with a range report!:eek: :eek:

KSUFLY

pilot
Basically, the "C" had a longer nose to accomodate a better radar which gave it a limited night/IFR capability, a better engine @ 600# more thrust, and the LABS bombing system.

*edit* ... the "C" also incorporated the autopilot ... remember ... ??? .... the one that never worked??? :)

Many of the "B's" were transferred to the Argentines, got converted to P's & Q's, and many got smoked in the Falklands ....

Picture purports to be a couple of Argentine A-4s making a run at the Brits .... good boys, those Argie's. Same for the Brits. Who are you gonna' back ... ???

What a tragic waste of good men ...

a4battackdm4.jpg

.... I'm gonna' have to re-route this thread to another part of the website if we keep talkin' about Santa Gertrudis, the King and Armstrong Ranches, and the A-4 ... :) ... all good stuff, however.

Looking at the picture...can anyone else see the two faces on the right side of the picture? I know I know, it's like saying Jesus is on my toast...but I'm serious. I was looking closely at the picture and then saw two faces on the right side. Anyways, enough of that.

A4s, do you or did you ever have cattle? Or is it just that you know what they have in south texas?

MasterBates

I don't have a digital camera anymore. Awaiting on my film being deveolped..

Take a guess where my good camera is, and all my pics from cruises...

Lawman

None
Almost a hat trick .... :) ..... You got two out of three right ...

For some reason I get this mental image of A-4's first sitting on a horse looking like Charlston Heston on his off days trying to heard cattle and just yelling, "F@ck This!"

Fade out and Open to the next scene of A-4's sitting in a beach chair sipping on a cool glass with limes and Tequila on the table.

Come to think of it that would make a pretty damn good commercial.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've eaten cattle...and the relationship stopped there. ;)

Reactions: E5B