• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The road to Austin goes through Beeville, Santa Gertrudis cows, and my new revolvers

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
...and then the pilot and nfo united as one in harmonious bliss....blah, blah, blah....get a room!

Now you're just a jealous 3rd wheel.
caster%20wheel%20small.jpg

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I bet you do
Poor Steve ... poor afraid, anxious, apprehensive, choked, diffident, hesitant, jumpy, questioning, shaky, touchy, troubled, unassured, unconfident, unpoised, unsure, uptight, vague, worried .... Steve.

Our Steve.

Like I said, ...... that's a side benefit of being confident in one's own masculinity.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
For some reason I get this mental image of A-4's first sitting on a horse looking like Charlston Heston on his off days trying to heard cattle and just yelling, "F@ck This!"
:D I always picture Jack Palance (sp?)...course he died...oh well...nothing is perfect.

I would "take" Beeville over K-ville any day.

Kingsville makes me sad that J1 is my first choice...

Good to be back guys...Cruces was great flying...come to think of it...maybe they would like a Trawing...;)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I won't go as far as saying I didn't like it, we had some great times, and made life long friends. .... :)
We gave up on buying anything and moved into Capehart housing --- Yorktown Street --- got lucky and got the one that kept winning "yard of the month" ... :D ... but our street was the norm for the day:

Probably 14 houses --- 7 on both sides of the street. Great instructor block parties when we tired of the monthly CQ party with the STUDs ... lifelong friends .... 6 couples on our street split (divorced) while we were there ... two of them did it cheaply and just swapped mates ... 11 guys got out and went for the airlines ... like I say, kinda typical.

*sigh* ... good 'ol Beeville ... Yorktown street .... NAS Chase .... working in our lives ... :)

texas031td5.jpg

Fred

We gave up on buying anything and moved into Capehart housing --- Yorktown Street --- got lucky and got the one that kept winning "yard of the month" ... :D ... but our street was the norm for the day:
*sigh* ... good 'ol Beeville ... Yorktown street .... NAS Chase .... working in our lives ... :)

You lived on the actual base? We lived on Yorktown, but in the base housing that was in town. The housing that for some odd reason....was good enough for military officers, but not good enough for Section 8 less than a year after we left. :eek: I actually liked our house there.

Did you ever go to Pinky's?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
You lived on the actual base? We lived on Yorktown, but in the base housing that was in town. The housing that for some odd reason....was good enough for military officers, but not good enough for Section 8 less than a year after we left. :eek: I actually liked our house there.

Did you ever go to Pinky's?
No ... it wasn't on Chase Field ... used to ride a bicycle from Capehart housing to work .... the place you're talking about is "in town" -- right by the freeway bypass -- watertower in the background. And probably the same Yorktown ... 2511 was mine ... funny how some things stick with you. The place -- in fact the whole street -- was nice and neat --- looked like hell when I took a trip down memory lane a couple of years ago ... mostly prison staff living there, from what I understand.

I guess you really CAN'T go back to Kansas, Toto ...

I don't remember Pinky's ... doesn't sound familiar ... what was it??? We used to heavily frequent "La Fiesta" ... originally a greasy dive near the feed lots --- then they took on airs, moved into a new facility near the center of town on the bypass -- and went out of business when the NAS closed.

texas010fb1.jpg
texas007pq1.jpg
texas012hb3.jpg

Fred

Too funny, we lived at 2507 Yorktown! :)

We also ate at La Fiesta, many nights. Cheap margaritas and good food.

Pinky's was a dive bar frequented by cocky young guys in flight suits. Mostly students and SERE Grads if I remember correctly. We had some really good times there.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Too funny, we lived at 2507 Yorktown! :)......
Pinky's was a dive bar frequented by cocky young guys in flight suits. ...
You must have been my (almost) next door neighbor ... you shoulda been there earlier .... but then, maybe not, as your house was home base for one of the "swapper couples". :)

No recollection of Pinky's ... maybe it post-dated my tenure there ... but your description of it makes it sound more like the profile of O'Club poolside bar -- the so called Animal Bar.