• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Tomcat Legacy; 35+ years from Fleet Air Defender to Recce to Precision Strike

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
many tomcat threads, content-less responses, beating of dead horses. Glad my thread is going in the right direction..excellent! Does anyone know what song is in the video? great track.

snake020

Contributor
Iranian Tomcats on Google Earth

Did a search and couldn't find this posted before; one in the top left and one in the bottom right.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
If it's on Google, I'd imagine other people have known about their location for a while, but still, I would guess that Tehran isn't too happy.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
If it's on Google, I'd imagine other people have known about their location for a while, but still, I would guess that Tehran isn't too happy.

Why? Were they hoping that we forgot about selling them 30 years ago?

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Why? Were they hoping that we forgot about selling them 30 years ago?
Of course not, I was just saying, if I was in Tehran, I wouldn't want the public to know where my best fighters(I'm not sure that 30+ year old F-14A's are the best Iran has, but they're better than the average fighter Iran has) were being kept.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Are the planes even flight worthy?

I would venture a guess and say, not many, if any at all. There have been some recent articles posted here about various individuals trying to buy decommed F-14 parts, so maybe Iran is trying to keep the program going.

I just can't see the value in trying to keep a platform like that flying when they have fairly ready access to much more modern aircraft made by the likes of Russia and China.

WishICouldFly

UO Future Pork Chop
Much more modern aircraft made by the likes of Russia.

You mean these?

airshow.jpg

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Damn that thing looks big next to that transport aircraft in the foreground...