• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

There are some messed up people in this world.

Bevo16

pilot
Something tells me he could have easily killed those bastards and a jury of his "Texan" peers would have acquitted him.

Yup. Except that it probably would not even go to trial. Governor Perry would probably pardon him the next day.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
While I'm pretty pissed about what those degenerates did, they in no way deserve to be shot. Marcus clearly did the right thing in his restraint. I hope that those of you that carry/own guns do not really think that shooting someone over a dog is appropriate.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
"Never trust anyone that doesn't like dogs. They're loyal. They'd die for you, and all they want in return is some dried food, some petting, and the occasional piece of bacon."

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
While I'm pretty pissed about what those degenerates did, they in no way deserve to be shot. Marcus clearly did the right thing in his restraint. I hope that those of you that carry/own guns do not really think that shooting someone over a dog is appropriate.

FMRAM I disagree. If I am out hunting, and someone intentionally shoots my dog, I will kill them. I will not lose any sleep over that decision and will have little problem arguing that I thought I was next.

If I am in my house and find some degenerate shooting my dog, I will kill them. Again, no sleep lost, defending my family. Fuck the law, fuck those guys who killed the innocent dog, and fuck anyone who can justify their right to live after murdering someones family member. If that means I spend some time in jail, so be it.

Pickle

FMRAM

How is taking revenge protecting your family? Are the lives of all the family's pets worthy of committing homicide to defend their honor? What about the family cat or the pet turtle?

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
It reminds me of when the Michael Vick dogfighting incident was going down. A lot of people thought it was ridiculous he was going to jail for what he did since "they were just dogs." There's more to it than that, they're innocent animals and ask any dog owner, they're definitely a part of the family. I know I would have a hard time not doing anything to someone who harmed my dog.

Bevo16

pilot
If he had killed them, he would not have gone to jail for it. Of that, I am certain. He would have every lawyer in Texas in line to represent him. If they could not get him off for the castle law, or self defense, then all they would have to do is say "PTSD" and hold up his book. You could sit a 12 person jury anywhere in Texas who would convict that man for killing those people under the circumstances. You may not agree with it, but that's the way it is.

Do they deserve to die for killing a dog? Maybe not. If they had gotten taken out by a a former SEAL who is an American Hero, I would not shed any tears. I would be running back home and hope to draw jury duty.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Missy agrees with Pickle.

Attachments

• Gettysburg 025_800x600.jpg
    Gettysburg 025_800x600.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 68

Krafty1

Head in the clouds
^^^^^^^^^^ Exactly

The article read like an attempted robbery gone bad. Turns out they were just after the dog...or so they say. Either way if shots are fired in my direction or my family (ie dog) I'd shoot first and ask later.

FMRAM

I understand the connection to the family dog. I read Marcus's book and have been keeping up with his lectures. He made the right decision. What ever happened to kicking someones ass?

Bevo16

pilot
When they start shooting, the appropriate response changes.

I am glad that he does not have to go through the hassle of a legal battle, even though he would have won. May God have mercy on the people who killed the dogs, because they are going to get the maximum on all the charges that the DA can pile on.

FMRAM

Castle law and self-defense are moot points because he was not in any danger and the jerkoff's had left the area. He would stand a decent chance with the PTSD defense claiming temporary insanity. Pickle I think your family loosing the dog and you prison for years of your life would be a greater evil than just loosing the dog.