• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Top Gun 2

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Staff work isn't "Top Gun." Barring an actual shooting war in the AOR, it's basically "Office Space" with uniforms.

And if you get senior enough, you too will be assimilated into the Borg.
And yet, staff always seems to be on a war footing. Especially at the Pentagon. One wonders how they can “surge” when the S really HTF.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
As many problems as TG2 had, one huge thing it didn't have was any kind of social politicking. Walking out of the theater, as I was trying to figure out my thoughts on the movie, that was my first big takeaway, and it was very much appreciated.
Spot on.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
And yet, staff always seems to be on a war footing. Especially at the Pentagon. One wonders how they can “surge” when the S really HTF.
From what I saw in EUCOM since February, I’d argue that the staffs will quickly realize what isn’t important and focus on supporting the mission.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
As many problems as TG2 had, one huge thing it didn't have was any kind of social politicking. Walking out of the theater, as I was trying to figure out my thoughts on the movie, that was my first big takeaway, and it was very much appreciated.

Borrowing this.

ItnStln

I heard it wasn't woke, which is a good thing.

Random8145

Yup :) Many in conservative media pointed that out, and probably part of the reason for its massive success.

Random8145

Navy tech advisor: "well, H-60s usually don't sound like . . ."

Hollywood crew: "HELO MUST GO WHOP WHOP WHOP!!"
Just face it. Since Vietnam ALL combat helicopters sound like Hueys.
The Huey is the coolest-sounding heli in history :) So yes all (American) helis must sound like the two-bladed Hueys (I assume the four-bladed ones the Marines use today sound different). Enemy helis like Soviet Hinds will sound different.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Meh... depends on how you work it. Just say no to drama and flail. :)
And make fun of the creators of said drama and flail when back in your own shop.

Being a reservist is extra entertainment, when you can see the spool-ex emails flying back and forth and be like “not on orders; not my problem.”