• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Top Gun 2

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Haha MD, you look a lot like this reservist Targeteer we got part way through my last deployment. I remember passing him in the p way and instinctively calling him sir (assuming he was an O-6 or something), before realizing he was just the oldest LT in the navy. BZ on still fitting into that bag!
Can confirm reserve intel are old af. Ensigns >40 are common. Much respect for those who can earn the 3A1 and do all the power drills while holding down a day job, tho.

BT

Plot certainly raised a couple questions:
- they sent Mav to NAS NI not Fallon
- TLAM coordinator didn’t want to send a couple against the SAM sites? brutal
- lots of admirals in the same room, no flag aides around
- much lamer, nerdy alternate ending: strike mission gets scrapped last minute when a 3-letter agency comes thru w/ stuxnet 2
- CAPT Mitchell needs to retake his motorcycle safety brief
- no one spilled coffee on their khakis, wtf

number9

Contributor
Navy tech advisor: "well, H-60s usually don't sound like . . ."

Hollywood crew: "HELO MUST GO WHOP WHOP WHOP!!"
Hollywood sound effects crew:

ti6idzpy66q51.jpg

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
- lots of admirals in the same room, no flag aides around
This sometimes still happens when COS gets a bug up his/her ass and wants a "working session" with the principals. A "working session" that's still preceded by much churn and thrash in whatever areas of the staff have to prep the one- or two-star for the "working session."

I'll never get those three days of my life back, but hey, at least I was getting pay, per diem, and retirement points.

GroundPounder

I was working on the set of “ The Mule “ and they put thousands of pounds of crushed pecan shells on the dirt in one of the scenes. I asked why, and was told it was to make the dirt look like dirt on screen.

Real dirt does not cut it.
For some reason, I could not edit my own post. The first shot is how the building really looks. The next two are after it was made to look run down. They spent half a day threading weeds into all of the prefect grass, and lily fields, and replacing sections on the front of the house with rotten wood.

There was no high tech in the movie, but it makes you realize how much money they burn through making movies. I tried to offset that cost buy offering to buy either of the old trucks he drove in the movie, it was quick no. It was crazy to see how close they made the two old trucks look to one another, even at a foot away, they were almost identical in every imperfection, dent and rust spot. The picture here does have one glaring difference, the hole in the front grill is 180 degrees out, but it was fixed prior to shooting. before.jpgAfter.jpgafter 2.jpg cars.jpg

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
For some reason, I could not edit my own post. The first shot is how the building really looks. The next two are after it was made to look run down. They spent half a day threading weeds into all of the prefect grass, and lily fields, and replacing sections on the front of the house with rotten wood.

There was no high tech in the movie, but it makes you realize how much money they burn through making movies. I tried to offset that cost buy offering to buy either of the old trucks he drove in the movie, it was quick no. It was crazy to see how close they made the two old trucks look to one another, even at a foot away, they were almost identical in every imperfection, dent and rust spot. The picture here does have one glaring difference, the hole in the front grill is 180 degrees out, but it was fixed prior to shooting. View attachment 35565View attachment 35566View attachment 35567 View attachment 35568
It’s big business. Most of the “theme work” (sets, ground forms, lighting, theater, fake dirt…) done at the National Museum of the US Army was done by a group in the Hollywood business. What they can accomplish is simply amazing.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
This sometimes still happens when COS gets a bug up his/her ass and wants a "working session" with the principals. A "working session" that's still preceded by much churn and thrash in whatever areas of the staff have to prep the one- or two-star for the "working session."
That sounds worse than the stuxnet 2 alt ending.