• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

U-2 Pictures, as requested

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
How long does it take to get to that altitude? Or is that classified as well?

HuggyU2

None
With the light training fuel loads we takeoff with here at Beale, we're above FL 600 in 20 minutes, and FL 700 in about 20 more minutes. On a mission jet, and the associated heavier fuel loads, the time from 600 to 700 goes up quite a bit.

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Wow, I can't help but think of this quote from "High Flight":

And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
The high untresspassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand and touched the face of God.

badger16

None
Great pics Huggy! How are is it to take pictures at the Altitude? I would imagine with your pressure suit, if you are using an SLR its pretty difficult to get a light meter reading. Just kind of snap and pray. Saved to computer and on my desktop as well.

cisforsmasher

pilot
Wow, I can't help but think of this quote from "High Flight":

And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
The high untresspassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand and touched the face of God.

Sky rockets in flight, afternoon delight!

oh wait, wrong flying song

HuggyU2

None
I better clarify. Most of the pics you're seeing are/will come from two of my friends: Stu Broce and Jeff Olesen. Both are high quality photographers with lots of experience and good gear. In fact, Stu was a 14 year Naval Aviator before we stole him over to the U-2 program 4 or 5 years ago. He's somewhat well known for one of his early videos:
When I shoot pics, I take a bunch, and hope for the best. Sort of like the way I land an airplane.

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
I just have to echo the sentiments already expressed here:

WOW!

I have a buddy that is ex-AF (used to be stationed at Beale). I'll bet he's gonna cream himself when he sees these...

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I better clarify. Most of the pics you're seeing are/will come from two of my friends: Stu Broce and Jeff Olesen. Both are high quality photographers with lots of experience and good gear. In fact, Stu was a 14 year Naval Aviator before we stole him over to the U-2 program 4 or 5 years ago. He's somewhat well known for one of his early videos:
When I shoot pics, I take a bunch, and hope for the best. Sort of like the way I land an airplane.

Can I be stolen as well?

Nose

pilot
Huggy,

Awesome pix, wheter you took them or not. Heal up fast and get back in the cockpit.

N