• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

U.S. President Barack Obama greets U.S. troops at a mess hall at Bagram Air Field in

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
This was on the home page of AKO (Army Knowledge Online) with the following caption:

U.S. President Barack Obama greets U.S. troops at a mess hall at Bagram Air Field in Afghanistan, March 28, 2010. White House Photo by Pete Souza (Photo by U.S. Army)

Does anyone else think it seems a bit unusual? Here is the CinC/POTUS talking to and shaking the hand of a soldier and the guys behind his back are cutting up. Noone seems to be even paying attention. I certainly don't know the whole story here, but it just struck me as weird.

Attachments

• ako-400-20100402-4&#52.jpg
    ako-400-20100402-4&#52.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 282

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
No one else is taking him seriously - particularly our adversaries, Russia & China (JMHO, though)

Angels

Contributor
This was on the home page of AKO (Army Knowledge Online) with the following caption:

U.S. President Barack Obama greets U.S. troops at a mess hall at Bagram Air Field in Afghanistan, March 28, 2010. White House Photo by Pete Souza (Photo by U.S. Army)

Does anyone else think it seems a bit unusual? Here is the CinC/POTUS talking to and shaking the hand of a soldier and the guys behind his back are cutting up. Noone seems to be even paying attention. I certainly don't know the whole story here, but it just struck me as weird.
I don't know.. but it did remind me of this video..

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator

Just shows that the Air Force has lame-o "high fivers" like the rest of the services. "Dude, we can get double helpings of pork adobo...high five!".

I'm guessing he had been there a while and folks got comfortable and went about their business.

cmdro

None
Just shows that the Army has lame-o "high fivers" like the rest of the services. "Dude, we can get double helpings of pork adobo...high five!".

I'm guessing he had been there a while and folks got comfortable and went about their business.

Fixed it for ya. AF isn't the only branch sporting the reflective belt indoors these days. Just think of how many tray-full-of-food collisions have been avoid because of it!

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I guess these guys are just blowing off the 4-star by not staying glued to his every move during a chow hall visit and going on with their chow and their conversations.

http://www.defense.gov/home/images/photos/2005-11/index/Hi-Res/051124-a-0281m-007.jpg

Christ this is petty.

What?

lwcI_news_bush_03213_lunchwithsailors.jpg

And yet another warm welcome for our fearless leader.
obama-military.jpg

Happy Easter AWs!

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not personally a fan of President Obama, but I'm pretty sure you could find pics of troops being engaged with him while eating and find similar ones of troops looking bored with Bush.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I find this funny!
As military members we are sworn to defend the constitution of the United States not the president.
If you are taking sides, you are entering dangerous territory, for this is not the Russian Army, or the German Luftwaffe gentlemen.

Having an opinion doesn't equate to the Russian Army or Luftwaffe. :sleep_125

I personally think that these pictures aren't that big of a deal. Some people are interested in Obama, or Bush, or whomever, some aren't. I don't think they should all just go nuts as the guy walks around gretting people.

Status
Not open for further replies.