• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Unauthorized passengers and stops

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
FACIT hop.. I'm sure we're all guilty of one or two. Maybe not on that scale, but still. I mean, how many of us have gone XC for weddings and the like?

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Oh, like you never flew out to your rich girlfriend's house in the country side to practice "tactical insertion" before.

C'mon, I know how you guys operate!

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
But the question was, was it the best 20 seconds of her life? :D

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
At least he didn't land at Burger King and walk across the street to McDonalds. Anybody remember the guys in the Cobras in the 80's?

plc67

pilot
My first flight in an OH6 after checking out. The HAC says we're going down to a grass strip, I'm going to get out and his girlfriend is going to get in. I, of course, would give her my helmet and drink sodas for about 1.5. I inquired about the legality and was told this was the Guard. End of explanation. I then said, "I thought you were married." He replied in a disgusted manner "what the hell's that got to do with it?" I got out and she got in After 1.5 and no sign of my ride I thought he's pranged it and I'm going to be like that flight surgeon in Catch 22. They'll pry out two bodies, declare me both dead and a woman and I'll never straighten this out. Almost 2 hours later he comes roaring back, frantically waves me in after I get my helmet and we barely,I mean barely, make it back due to fuel concerns. After we shut down he told me I'd better lighten up if I was going to hack it in the Guard.
This happened in 1975 so any of you legal types can spare your observations.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Heard a story once about a couple of dudes in multi-engine advanced, can't remember if P-3's or the E2/C2 pipeline. Apparently on their cross-country solo they depart out of Corpus, stop somewhere nearby (forgive me, not familiar with Corpus) and pick up their girlfriends. Just so happens an IP is at that same airport and sees the girls getting on the plane, calls it in to the squadron.

Well, when they land after the XC, the skipper brings them in, talks to them about their flight, drops the bomb he knows about the girls, and boots them out of the pipeline.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Heard a story once about a couple of dudes in multi-engine advanced, can't remember if P-3's or the E2/C2 pipeline. Apparently on their cross-country solo they depart out of Corpus, stop somewhere nearby (forgive me, not familiar with Corpus) and pick up their girlfriends. Just so happens an IP is at that same airport and sees the girls getting on the plane, calls it in to the squadron.

Well, when they land after the XC, the skipper brings them in, talks to them about their flight, drops the bomb he knows about the girls, and boots them out of the pipeline.

Not sure if this is just scuttlebutt, but I thought I heard something like this about some T-45s.....

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Apparently on their cross-country solo they depart out of Corpus, stop somewhere nearby (forgive me, not familiar with Corpus) and pick up their girlfriends. Just so happens an IP is at that same airport and sees the girls getting on the plane, calls it in to the squadron.

Not sure if this is just scuttlebutt, but I thought I heard something like this about some T-45s.....

My T-2 partner in VT-86 took his girlfriend on a XC in a T-39 between the end of T-2's (and his soft-winging, he was just along for the ride) and his real winging. Apparently he got it okayed from Ops and the instructor on the flight was okay with it, the civilian contract pilot did not think it was okay though. He complained when they got back and my T-2 partner was never winged, I don't know where he eventually ended up.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
My T-2 partner in VT-86 took his girlfriend on a XC in a T-39 between the end of T-2's (and his soft-winging, he was just along for the ride) and his real winging. Apparently he got it okayed from Ops and the instructor on the flight was okay with it, the civilian contract pilot did not think it was okay though. He complained when they got back and my T-2 partner was never winged, I don't know where he eventually ended up.

Ya, I'm sure there are a few stories like this. I heard something about some T-45 studs picking up girls along their route (no helmet, proper gear etc) and they just rode backseat. Apparently they were asked if they were alone by RDO or something, and when they landed, they were definitely caught in their lie....

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
At least he didn't land at Burger King and walk across the street to MacDonald's. Anybody remember the guys in the Cobras in the 80's?
When I was a Tacco in my first squadron, I was flying with the CO and we made a gas stop at NAS Bermuda. The base wouldn't let us use the duty van to make a McDonald's run ("can't have government vehicles at McDonald's"). The McDonald's was located on the other end of the field real close to a ramp area. My CO fired up the plane and we taxied over stopping abeam of the drive thru. We shut down the left side and I went down the stairs, walked up to the drive thru and ordered for the crew.

One of our crew of course got out and took a picture. From the angle, it looked like the plane was actually in the drive thru. It ended up in the Moffett base paper and eventually made it to the NAS Bermuda CO. He wasn't happy.