• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Unauthorized passengers and stops

Flugelman

Contributor
NAS Bermuda.. another base we should still have.
Many fond memories of trips to Bermuda. The VX-1 SMILS crew would stay at Mrs Robinson's, a quaint old B&B, and imbibe at the White Horse Pub. Best, IMHO, fish and chips on the Island. All on full per diem, which as I recall was $21 per day for us enlisted folk. Mrs Robinson was a dear lady who always threw a party for us on at least one night of our stay. Good times...

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Many fond memories of trips to Bermuda. The VX-1 SMILS crew would stay at Mrs Robinson's, a quaint old B&B, and imbibe at the White Horse Pub. Best, IMHO, fish and chips on the Island. All on full per diem, which as I recall was $21 per day for us enlisted folk. Mrs Robinson was a dear lady who always threw a party for us on at least one night of our stay. Good times...

Hamilton, Ye Olde Cock and Feather Bar (inject off-colour humor here). Horseshoe Bay..Five Fathom Hole (not a hooker). Good times.
end threadjack...

phrogpilot73

I seem to remember reading an approach article about a helo crew that decided they'd fly their wives around. Ended up balling up the aircraft something fierce and either their wives were seriously hurt, or killed.

As for drive throughs, we were doing TRUEX in Dayton, OH and my CO sent his AO into Wendy's (the LZ was across the street). All that came of it was a political cartoon of an H-60 hovering over a Pizza Hut.

East

东部
Contributor
Crew minus one

We once had to drop off a maintenance crew on a friday afternoon to another base due to a crippled plane of our squadron. They had to pull an engine and would remain on base over the weekend. As the copilot was stationed previously on this base the plane commander gave him the option to disembark as well. We returned homeplate with just the two of us (me --> crew chief / loadmaster)......

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As for drive throughs, we were doing TRUEX in Dayton, OH and my CO sent his AO into Wendy's (the LZ was across the street). All that came of it was a political cartoon of an H-60 hovering over a Pizza Hut.

I would have figured someone would make a fuss about wearing your zoom bag into a restaurant.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Best line in the story

The Ministry of Defence spokesman did not confirm what toppings were on the pizza.

Apparently the t-45 stud picked up his friend who was in another town (another sna) and took him back to Krock. ODO saw them on the taxi in on his "solo".

Yes this is the story I heard....I guess my scuttlebutt was more broken telephone...

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
So nobody’s gonna tell the story about the T-45 incident? … Ok, recently (this FY), an SNA, who was very close to getting his wings, did his solo x-country to a nearby city for the weekend. Same time, a buddy of his (another SNA) rode over to that city in a car driven by a third SNA, bringing his flight gear with him. On Sunday, “solo” SNA allowed his buddy SNA to join him for the (VFR sightseeing) flight back to base. They were caught. Both were booted from the program and faced possible NJP or worse.

S/F

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
I would have figured someone would make a fuss about wearing your zoom bag into a restaurant.

Dayton is an Air Force town, the locals are used to it.

You're in AF town if you're in Dayton. We have no such stoopid ghey rules about flightsuits.

Back on topic. AF used to let KC-135 crew have family day rides. The whole SQ would have a family day, embark the family, do the refueling thing and let wives and kids watch fighters and bombers come up to tank. Finish up by cycling the families through the cockpit and let them fly in the right seat for a little. That all stopped when they crashed one and lost all aboard.

Those familiar with heavy flying and yokes will know that the elevator/horizontal stab trim is a thumb switch on the yoke. Seems that somebody's wife had a death grip on the yoke which included her thumb pressing the stab trim full nose up. When the pilot was unable to keep the nose down any longer by force, it was too late to recover from the pitch up and they departed. Tragic.