• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Unauthorized passengers and stops

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I thought they were just getting a ride back from where they were. They saw the T-39 pull up and they asked if they could hitch a ride back. The girlfriend was aboard for a low level and all.

Your version might be more correct, since I only got the story 2nd and 3rd hand. But, while they have met the plane somewhere I doubt that it was spontaneous and they just saw it 'pull up', to much of a coincidence. He liked to work deals, not in a bad way, but I was not completely shocked that it happened to him in particular.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Ya, I'm sure there are a few stories like this. I heard something about some T-45 studs picking up girls along their route (no helmet, proper gear etc) and they just rode backseat. Apparently they were asked if they were alone by RDO or something, and when they landed, they were definitely caught in their lie....

So my friend's cousin's half-sister's ex-boyfriend's brother, the short one (not the tall one) heard about this one thing in T-45's where they loaded a passanger in the blivit because all 4 seats in the cockpit were full and then they ran out of gas and had to eject or something. I know it is a true story, though. For real. No joke. I'm sure. They totally didn't get winged. It was crazy.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
So my friend's cousin's half-sister's ex-boyfriend's brother, the short one (not the tall one) heard about this one thing in T-45's where they loaded a passanger in the blivit because all 4 seats in the cockpit were full and then they ran out of gas and had to eject or something. I know it is a true story, though. For real. No joke. I'm sure. They totally didn't get winged. It was crazy.
I thought the blivets were on a T-44 and it was MB's Bachelor Party Weekend. (and everyone was banging blow and snorting hookers)

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
I thought the blivets were on a T-44 and it was MB's Bachelor Party Weekend. (and everyone was banging blow and snorting hookers)

Both are you are only partially correct. For a fact it was the the kid who died of eating Pop Rocks and Coke's little-sister's-first-high-school-boyfriend's-second cousin that was Semper Gumbi's half-sister from his stepfather's first wife's side who saw HALPilot's college roomate's fraternal twin loading the CNATRA blivets (special paint scheme) up with hooker's (two per pod, because they didn't have enough ejection seats on the King Air) on MB's Divorce Party Weekend hop in Lake Havasu during a 3-ship TC-12 tacform on the way back from a El Centro Weps Det.

Sheesh... get it right.

phrogpilot73

Now I know you are lying. TC-12's cannot carry weapons racks if they are carrying blivets
No - he's telling the truth. I was there. I have this certificate to prove it:

certificate.jpg

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

That's nuts! Did they redesignate??

bobbybrock

None
I seem to remember reading an approach article about a helo crew that decided they'd fly their wives around. Ended up balling up the aircraft something fierce and either their wives were seriously hurt, or killed.

As for drive throughs, we were doing TRUEX in Dayton, OH and my CO sent his AO into Wendy's (the LZ was across the street). All that came of it was a political cartoon of an H-60 hovering over a Pizza Hut.

That was my last active duty unit. Nothing good came out of that debacle. I felt really sorry for the kids.
If there ever was a 'good deal mission" in the army that was it. After that it began to get rotated through the 18th Airborne Corps. When I left the mission had actually rotated back to our sister unit. With the present op tempo I heard it would be contracted out.