• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Varsity Athletes

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
You two sure are defensive...got something you want to tell us? :D

closet1.jpg

FlyingBeagle

pilot
haha, I don't think there's any way I can win without using the old pass it on trick. . . Any women golfers or tennis players out there? anyone?

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Is it overly difficult to be an athlete and be a MIDN? I know that it will require a lot of time management, but I already do that. I'm just wondering if playing football and doing NROTC is a bad combination in college.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
ghost119 said:
Do you have anything other than your personal opinion to back up your statement against your US presidents?
I'm not sure there was a whole hell of a lot else sports-wise at least up through Chester A. Arthur (famous for...umm...having an elementary school named after him in Die Hard w/ a Vengeance). I'll venture a guess that most since then probably played baseball at some point in time though.

BigRed389

None
ghost119 said:
Giving up already? I know we are fighting a losing battle, but fight until there is nothing left to fight with. This one is fun. We both know that no one else other than wrestlers what wrestling really is. Ya Hal, we do take a lot of sh!t, but we know what it really is. All in good fun though.

Of all the varsity sports, I can't think of any that are more abusive to its participants than wrestling. And I don't mean that in a good way. I'm talking about the crazy **** like starving and dehydrating so you can come in about 20-25 pounds under healthy weight and I even knew a couple that took speed before matches. I mean there's dedicated, and then there's stupid.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
For the guys who played football, what position(s)? Oh, and there are a couple of guys on the team who wrassle and I've seen them work out for a match and they are freaking crazy. But not as crazy as our tightend who does Muay Thai fighting(sp?).

rare21

pilot
Contributor
Is it overly difficult to be an athlete and be a MIDN? I know that it will require a lot of time management, but I already do that. I'm just wondering if playing football and doing NROTC is a bad combination in college.

You may want to talk to Bevo about that..he was on our college football team and was a Midn at the same time.

ElCidAv8tor05

Any of you boys seen a VORTAC around here?
pilot
HS: Varsity Football (4 years), tight-end and tackle, Wrestling and Track. College: a little rugby, a little football, and more intramurals than I care to remember.
On the matter of being a Midn and an athlete: I personally focused more on the Midn stuff, because that's my career. football wasn't gonna be my job after college, so I decided to focus on my Naval Career. That's when I really started doing more intramurals during my free-time.
AS far as lots of athletes in Naval Aviation; yeah, you'll find alot of them, because Naval Aviators tend to be competitve people.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ghost119 said:
So Hal, uh, what sport did you play? You haven't said anything about yourself yet.

You sound like one of those typical no-self-esteem jocks who are afraid of what people think of their image with that comment. "I WRESTLE ROOOOAAAAR WATCH ME GRAB MEN I AM STRONG.... buy my penis doesn't work."

B

Blutonski816

Of all the varsity sports, I can't think of any that are more abusive to its participants than wrestling. And I don't mean that in a good way. I'm talking about the crazy **** like starving and dehydrating so you can come in about 20-25 pounds under healthy weight and I even knew a couple that took speed before matches. I mean there's dedicated, and then there's stupid.

No sh!t... I had a friend in HS who was on the wrestling team during his Sophomore year. He'd starve himself and drink very little so he could stay within the limits of his Weight Class...
Luckily, being the smart guy he was, he quit at the end of that year...